Nice Ads guys.....

miak757

Regular
When Trying to post on a topic, A ad on top of the screen, Flashing yellow and blue Said "DO NOT CLICK ME". my PC froze and Spy sweeper Came up and said That Some site (Not namIng) had been blocked, And my pc froze and i had to CTRL + ALT + DEL to get my Pc working Again
:x

seriously :x

Yeah those ad's blurting you are the 999,999th vistor congratulations just kill my eyes... doesn't effect my none, but alas, is annoying.

Yeah, a lot of people have been having trouble with the popup ads lately; I'd recommend getting a decent-ish popup blocker and things might get semi-fixed. There is also an app for Firefox called Adblock but I've noticed that when it is enabled it seems to block most flash players too.

Probably some kind of scam to get you to buy their anti-virus software, i just did a system restore when it happened to me once (not on this site) and everything was fine.

Yeah, I'm using Adblock and Filterset.G for Firefox, and it blocks every ad in existence. Not only is it helpful and gets rid of the damn things, your web pages load faster because it doesn't have to wait for the banners to finish. The only problem is it also can block Flash players, such as the Myspace Music player, or Flash games. These can be unblocked, however.

What about users who view GR in IE? I use Firefox as my primary browser but when I visit the forums a lot of times the page says "done" and nothing but the background and top banner has loaded. I brought it up once before and the only responses I got were "doesn't happen to me". (Even from Duke I think.)

Generally when troubleshooting something, if you can't replicate the problem it's user error (or in this case maybe user software). That and we don't care about your problems. Mostly the last part.

I use IE, without ad blockers, I enjoy this misplaced ads.
The congratulation you're the 999,999th visitor once have been replaced with "True Love Test" :D

Sometimes the ads here are just random.

Lethean said:
What about users who view GR in IE?
We're all gaming nerds who post on an online gaming forum.
i think 98% of us would have SOMETHING better than IE. Honestly.

Oh, and i too use ABP..

I never get the "999,999th Visitor!" or "CLICK ME!" ads. When I do get banner ads they're always from actual businesses like Circuit City or whatever.

I actually have had no problems with advertisements on this site. my comp never screws up at all. when i do get adverts they are from respectable companies. for instance right now! its advertising advil

madster111 said:
Lethean said:
What about users who view GR in IE?
We're all gaming nerds who post on an online gaming forum.
i think 98% of us would have SOMETHING better than IE. Honestly.

Oh, and i too use ABP..

I do use something better than IE 99 percent of the time. Thank you for misusing my quote for your rhetoric though!

Oh and Kiristo - You have got to be the most smartass poster we've had in a while :p. I'm pretty sure it isn't a user error on my part! Probably just a messed up version of Firefox. I should just put Opera on this computer. It's faster anyways.

Edit: A nice software update of FF today fixed the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle