Milestones

DocMoc

Regular
As of 3:30 pm central time today, I have officially completed my eighth and final year of university!

This was a long time coming. I started posting here near the beginning of my post-sec jaunt and I have always appreciated the stress relief I could get by reading and participating in our various conversations.

SO thank you, fellow GRians, for helping me maintain sanity throughout this arduous ordeal!

I raise a glass in honour of you all.

obama_pint.jpg

Has anyone else had any recent milestones?

Congrats...I will be finishing up my BA in two weeks after 5 years. I'm seriously considering law school right now, but that won't be for a few years after I graduate. Although I am looking into jobs that also pay for school so I could possibly get an MBA while working...Just need to graduate first.

Congratulations sir! Have fun paying off those student loans... Just a week or so until my freshman year is fully served at my university. Helluva lot better than my high school experience but I do miss how easy that work was.

As for a recent achievement would be is that a friend of mine and I finally got off our balls (not homosexually, it's a lazy reference) and started a podcast. About to record episode 3 tomorrow, unfortunately getting it on iTunes is heinous in the anus

Had a baby girl February 25th, beat Heavy Rain and Bulletstorm and enrolled in college.

What did you get your degree in DocMoc?

Delorean88 said:
getting it on iTunes is heinous in the anus

There's gotta be other mediums then just itunes for pods right? I know ustream does video pods. However you do it, I'd love to hear it.

Not really. I was gonna go back to do the last 2 years of high school and then do a Physics course at Uni to get into the RAAF, but then i found out the contract is 12.5 years.

Feels bad man. Now i'm thinking i'll just fly those UAV things for a few years and then start an import business.

Hmmm, bad milestones: yesterday marked the 6th year since my mom passed away.

Good milestones: Got promoted last year, having another baby this year, looking into a good worthwhile Masters progoram.

DocMoc said:
I started posting here near the beginning of my post-sec jaunt and I have always appreciated the stress relief I could get by reading and participating in our various conversations.

So now that school is over does that mean you'll move onto GR heaven and never come back to us?

Lethean said:
What did you get your degree in DocMoc?

I have two now. A BSc majoring in physics and I just finished my BEd.

MattAY said:
Congrats man! Whats next?

Hopefully thirty years of teaching physics and math to high school kids. Does England need teachers?

UrbanMasque said:
So now that school is over does that mean you'll move onto GR heaven and never come back to us?

Haha, no. The stress of university PALES in comparison to the stress of teaching pubescent teenagers! I'll need many laughs from here for years to come.

daverabbit said:
Delorean88 said:
getting it on iTunes is heinous in the anus

There's gotta be other mediums then just itunes for pods right? I know ustream does video pods. However you do it, I'd love to hear it.

Yeah right now you can find it at atspodcast.blogspot.com, I've been trying to find other places but since it's getting to the end of the semester I haven't really had to time search. Thanks for the interest though I will say I hate how my voice sounds, I'm 18 but through the audio I sound 13 I honestly hope I don't sound like that in person. Also if anyone listens to it start with episode 2 cause I'll admit our episode 1 is long and kinda boring.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Hmmm, bad milestones: yesterday marked the 6th year since my mom passed away.

Good milestones: Got promoted last year, having another baby this year, looking into a good worthwhile Masters progoram.

Congradulations on the child and the possible venture in academics, sorry about your mother

Hey Doc how smart do you feel with two degrees? I'm not mocking you, I'm just saying cause if I had two degrees I'd be walking around bragging trying to act all edumacated (<== misspelled on purpose). But physics is a achievement, everyone I know whose taking physics classes keep complaining, then again those people aren't really physics majors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod