MacGyver moments

Affen

Rookie
Today I went to a public toilet and the lock got somehow jammed shut. There were no escape routes available. Luckily I had a bottle opener in my key-chain that I used to unscrew the screws in the lock and fully dismantle it.

Ever been in a situation where you have fixed/done something using makeshift tools or required uncommon actions?

Affen said:
Today I went to a public toilet and the lock got somehow jammed shut. There were no escape routes available. Luckily I had a bottle opener in my key-chain that I used to unscrew the screws in the lock and fully dismantle it.

Ever been in a situation where you have fixed/done something using makeshift tools or required uncommon actions?
I did the exact same thing, except I was in a frat house bathroom.

It was great.

I fixed my PS3s overheating problem by yanking an extra fan out of my PC and stripping the wires for it down while cutting up a USB cable for something. 5v instead of 12v but it still pushes enough air to cool the power supply enough that it no longer can't deal.

I wonder if using a steak knife counts as macgyver ish. It is the single most useful tool for automobile repair all the way down to phones, and pretty much anything in between. Steak knife, screwdriver and duct tape allow me to fix damn near anything.

I can't think of a time when I used unconventional tools. I can tell you a endless list of electronics I have fixed or modded with a soldering iron.

When I can't find scissors and need to cut a piece of paper I fold the paper where it needs to be cut then lick along the fold. Fold it the other way and lick along that fold. Then viola! Pull the paper apart and it'll rip perfectly.

My belt broke at work. Seriously, I went to the bathroom, then after I was doing up my belt, pulled the belt and tore it right off.

Had to use sticky tape in the office to wrap up the belt so it would at least hold up my pants for the remainder of the day (which was about an hour).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod