LAPD confronts Call of Duty 'Ghost' statue in tense standoff

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sourdeez, May 31, 2013.

  1. Sourdeez

    Sourdeez Rookie

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2012
    Messages:
    2,979
    Likes Received:
    0
    "Our studio is equipped with a 'panic' alarm in case of an armed threat, which was installed yesterday," Bowling said. "One of our designers, who shall not be shamed, pressed it on his way out because apparently when boys find buttons that they are unsure of, their first instinct is to push it."

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/31/438322 ... s-designer

    Ahahahah!
     
    #1
  2. used44

    used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2002
    Messages:
    21,825
    Likes Received:
    27
    That's a super inappropriate/stupid statue to have standing at your window, though.
     
    #2
  3. Sourdeez

    Sourdeez Rookie

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2012
    Messages:
    2,979
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hah yeah it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do. The cops in the report even say they were pretty close to blowing it away.

    Im glad no one got charged and that the cops understood it was just a misunderstanding.(And a irresistible mystery button push)
     
    #3
  4. De-Ting

    De-Ting Rookie

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Messages:
    9,058
    Likes Received:
    0
    Someone get Dee-Dee out of the laboratory.
     
    #4
  5. danielrbischoff

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,936
    Likes Received:
    0
    What a horrible waste of time and money.
     
    #5
  6. UghRochester

    UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2006
    Messages:
    8,447
    Likes Received:
    10
    ^You're laughing while you typed that.
    This is what I thought of HUT HUT HUT HUT
     
    #6
  7. madster111

    madster111 Rookie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    Messages:
    6,774
    Likes Received:
    0
    Re: LAPD confronts Call of Duty 'Ghost' statue in tense stan

    Damn straight it is.

    Put a big red button somewhere with 'DO NOT PUSH' right above, and that shit will be pushed so much it'll be broken in a week.

    If i was put in a room with only a big red button that said '75% chance of nuking the world, 25% chance of $100' i'd be able to resists for at least, oh, 4 minutes or so. 'Course, if there was no sign and only the button, i wouldn't last 10 seconds.
     
    #7
  8. GiftedMonkey

    GiftedMonkey Rookie

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2001
    Messages:
    4,858
    Likes Received:
    0
    Guns drawn, that's pretty serious.

    To the LAPD's credit, a life-sized replica of a person holding an assault rifle is a far more credible threat than a Mooninite shaped light-brite.
     
    #8

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice