Hearthfire/Dawnguard/Dragonborn

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
How does everybody like the Skyrim DLCs?

I've recently started a new character in Skyrim since having last played Dec. 2011. The only bit of add-on I've really experienced so far is Hearthfire. And I'm spending waaay too much money and energy building my stupid useless house. Haha

How is the DLC for Skyrim? Good? Bad? Meh?

I'm kinda wary with DLC nowadays. DLC for Dragon Age was horseshit. DLC for New Vegas was amazing. Seems to be either hit or miss.

Plus I'm a cheap bastard. When that first DLC came out for Skyrim for $20 or whatever it was, I passed. I might check it out if it ever goes on sale.

used44 said:
How does everybody like the Skyrim DLCs?

I've recently started a new character in Skyrim since having last played Dec. 2011. The only bit of add-on I've really experienced so far is Hearthfire. And I'm spending waaay too much money and energy building my stupid useless house. Haha

I bought them all on sale, Dawnguard was good only for the weapons and armor capabilities/character creations. The story was really meh. Hearthfire is amazing, just for house building alone, and cheap enough to add to the collection.

Dragonborn I haven't touched yet...to be honest it seems too power fantastical to me, other than getting new armor, weapons and shouts. I can honestly give a flying fig about dragon riding.

I rank it on par with the Mass Effect and Fallout DLC's.

C_nate said:
How is the DLC for Skyrim? Good? Bad? Meh?
Depends. Console or PC?

If Console, then the DLC is pretty good.
If PC, then the DLC isn't as good as a properly modded copy.

Still worth it on PC, though, in the previously mentioned steam-sale GOTY copy. Then just mod that slighty for some graphical tweaks and all's good.

I got all the DLC for Skyrim, but I haven't really noticed much at all and haven't dived into the quests. I was going to try the Dragonborn quest since I have it now, but I've kinda wandered off to the main story line instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod