GR what did you do?!?!?!

Too many ads on GR?

• Yes, Under no circumstances is it alright to sell out!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I understand its how they pay the bills.

• No. I like ads, they tell me how to think, what movies to watch and what games to buy!

• Total voters

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
On my way to joining the forums, I was asked... BY AN AD ON A COUNTDOWN TIMER!!!!, would i like to take a survey or proceed to my chosen destination...

...These ads r getting to be a lil bit much. Bad enough Eve Online stared me in the face for a month - and now i'm looking at Will Smith all the time.., but Pop ups is where i draw the line...

It's called revenue. GR sort of needs it to, you know, stay alive.

I've gotten it once so far in many entries to the forums and site. How is this bad? Is it like IGN or GameSpot where whenever I go to their homepage I'm asked to watch a 15-second ad? Hell no.

Click the fucking "I'll skip this for now" button and get on with the posting. It is nowhere near an epidemic, and complaints should not be heard about something so trivial.

And I'd say a blockbuster movie advertisement like I Am Legend is a helluva lot better for GR in the long run than a banner for some crappy, free MMORPG like Adventure Quest.

Seriously, how can this be that big of a deal?

bob said:
Click the f****** "I'll skip this for now" button and get on with the posting. It is nowhere near an epidemic, and complaints should not be heard about something so trivial.
Wouldn't call it trivial. They don't call them roadblocks for nothing.

those questionmarket "roadblock" ads are not supposed to run. sleazy ad networks sneak them in.

I love how people shit themselves over the site attempting to earn an income, I'm sorry that accessing this content without price has in some way inconvinienced you, the GM's should know better than attempt to put food on the table

Duke_Ferris said:
those questionmarket "roadblock" ads are not supposed to run. sleazy ad networks sneak them in.

Ahhh....fuck those motherfuckers! They wasted a whole 10 seconds of my time!

Icepick said:
I love how people s*** themselves over the site attempting to earn an income, I'm sorry that accessing this content without price has in some way inconvinienced you, the GM's should know better than attempt to put food on the table

I know right!, wait... was that sarcasm?!

UrbanMasque said:
Icepick said:
I love how people s*** themselves over the site attempting to earn an income, I'm sorry that accessing this content without price has in some way inconvinienced you, the GM's should know better than attempt to put food on the table

I know right!, wait... was that sarcasm?!
I'm confused too :(

I use Adblock. I don't see ads. <.<

However since madster endorses it I am thinking of uninstalling it...

Ugh. He can make free booze sound unappealing.

I never see the ads anymore. Don't know why but I'm happy. They are so god damn annoying. I hope GR isn't like IGN where you can only skip the ads if you're a member.

No, i mean he pays me.
if he doesn't pay me, he gets that micro bomb in his brain set off.

That 'bush' owes me 62 billion now.

I have yet to see that add either. I accepted adds from GR on AdBlock Plus just so I could experience it and I am not seeing it. :(

madster111 said:
No, i mean he pays me.
if he doesn't pay me, he gets that micro bomb in his brain set off.

That 'bush' owes me 62 billion now.

God grant him the serenity to recognise a battle he cannot win, the good sense to know when to shut his mouth, and the wisdom that comes from putting those together...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle