Game with load times so long you legitimately think it froze

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I could say any recent EA Sports game, but Tiger Woods 14 is a whole different monster. At boot-up, the screen freezes for at least 90 seconds before displaying "Press Start".

Spec Ops: The Line. Sometimes, after the phenomenally long time it takes to reloads a checkpoint, it will do a long pause, then surprises you with sudden gunfire to the face.

Same thing with BF3.

Skyrim, on consoles, will sometimes either leave you looking at a blank screen for a while, or even worse, an actual loading screen that displays 'did-you-know?' after 'did-you-know?' and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, leaving you to stare at an ugly werewolf while your mom wonders what's wrong with you.

The original Assassin's Creed. There were time wandering in the mist where you wondered if the Animus was broken.

Re: Game with load times so long you legitimately think it f

used44 said:
I could say any recent EA Sports game, but Tiger Woods 14 is a whole different monster. At boot-up, the screen freezes for at least 90 seconds before displaying "Press Start".
I think it has something to do with the Xbox. Ever since Halo 4 it's been struggling and these games have maxed out the hardware. No excuses it's like, just give me a worse looking game. Battlefield 3 was another loading monster for me, and in the end I didn't think the engine was worth the fps drops.
Bretimus_v2 said:
The original Assassin's Creed. There were time wandering in the mist where you wondered if the Animus was broken.
Yup. You're like "Oh, cool I get to control Altair while I wait.... why is this taking so long. Well I guess I'll make Altair run a few laps... oh boy, how many laps is that."

Even better is running around in the mist as Desmond. No attacks or anything to practice or whatever.

DmC had some long loading times. But the most annoying thing in that was when you skipped a cutscene - it didnt skip it! It just brought up a loading icon and a further wait of 20 seconds.

Is Tiger Woods 14 any good by the way?

I guess there was some bug with x360 Oblivion that made the load times atrocious, including the simple action of opening a container or inventory. It was so bad I brought it back to Gamestop to get a new copy (of which they only had a collectors edition, score!). Turns out you just had to hold A at the Bethesda startup screen and it cleared the games cache or something. Worked like a charm and never had problems with it again after 400+ hours of gameplay.

swtor had some pretty bad loading times, and to make things worse there were loading screens all over the place.

I don't have a problem with loading times. Installing games, now that pisses me off. Espeically since I always forget and I take time to get myself all ready before popping in a new game only to sit there and watch it install.

Great, so that time I spent taking a leak and getting a drink and messing about before game time could've been done while it was installing,

None of you console using pussies know the true meaning of a long loading time.

The Sims 3.

Additional content adds loading time. I'm currently at the 3-4 minutes load and 1-2 minutes save stage, and i am considered extremely lucky in the community.

id boot it up then have a shit shower shave workout breakfast and come back just in time

Metroid: Prime trilogy. Shoot the door. Stand outside of door for a while. Did the game just break? Let me shoot the door again.

It's still not opening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle