Elenin and possible effects on earth

Icepick

Rookie
Anyone else following the supposed destroyer of worlds?

Some pretty interesting figures are being spit out regarding it, a lot of it religious doomsday preaching, but it is kind of creepy how the dates add up to specific verses. Hogwash and mythical men in clouds aside, it seems to be every time this comet aligns with us, we get a large earthquake

http://alamongordo.com/general/elenin-timeline/

a bit of a long read, and I haven't dug deep enough to 100% believe all the numbers he quoted, but still, makes you think about what may happen in the next few months

for anyone who's interested, pop on over to google sky, search for mercury, enable inferred, and look to the left, that heat source is supposed to be the comet

See, Longo makes mod, world comes to an end, you have offended baby jesus for the last time GR

yeah, bro, all i had to do was read the first statement to know it's complete shit.

Earth Mercury Venus alignment trigger the massive 9.1 Magnitude Earthquake in Indonesia followed by a large Tsunami, Elenin has nothing to do with this quake as far as i could see but i still want to mention it, it happened during a Full Moon !

Really? The planets lined up in a line to trigger an earthquake? Do these quackers realize that the planets line up like this ALL the time? And, more often than not (by a wide margin), nothing ever happens? And a full moon? Really? Only complete idiots believe this shit.

Sorry, bro.

I mean, the comet aligning with us? The comet is always aligned with us in some way. That's the reality of a 3 dimensional existence. These people are full of shit, and a waste of breath.

EDIT: Not sure if srs?

NickKmet said:
yeah, bro, all i had to do was read the first statement to know it's complete s***.

Earth Mercury Venus alignment trigger the massive 9.1 Magnitude Earthquake in Indonesia followed by a large Tsunami, Elenin has nothing to do with this quake as far as i could see but i still want to mention it, it happened during a Full Moon !
The comet is always aligned with us in some way.

This lol. How do 2 spheres align with each other in a 3 dimensional world. Mind = blown

intoTheRain said:
NickKmet said:
yeah, bro, all i had to do was read the first statement to know it's complete s***.

The comet is always aligned with us in some way.

This lol. How do 2 spheres align with each other in a 3 dimensional world. Mind = blown

Oh god, it gets even better. This guy seems to think that this TINY comet will black out the sun when it passes in front of it.

SEP 26 - 27 & 28
Elenin will pass between the Earth and the Sun for 3 days, this could be the Three days of Darkness in the Bible !

No dumbass, it really couldn't. Unless the comet was so close the earth you could see it during the day with the naked eye, it would not be able to blot out something as large as the sun and cause 3 days of darkness. lol.

It's not so much the body of the comet itself that's supposed to block out the sun but rather the tail of it.

And if you read the page, it shows when there's multiple planets aligned with one another and the comet, that's when it occurs.

Like i said I don't buy it fully either, and I'm looking for counter arguments on here, but at least take the time to read the damn thing before going "lol wut fuck dat"

I simply found the topic to be discussion worthy, I apologize, I forgot we don't support discussion here.

Icepick said:
It's not so much the body of the comet itself that's supposed to block out the sun but rather the tail of it.

And if you read the page, it shows when there's multiple planets aligned with one another and the comet, that's when it occurs.

Like i said I don't buy it fully either, and I'm looking for counter arguments on here, but at least take the time to read the damn thing before going "lol wut f*** dat"

I simply found the topic to be discussion worthy, I apologize, I forgot we don't support discussion here.
I'll read it later and try to come up with a good counter argument for you. Your right though, you don't just read a paragraph and critisize it. Read the entire thing. I know the orbit of the moon controls the tide (or something like that, haven't done this stuff since Astrology class in high school)

Icepick said:

Like i said I don't buy it fully either, and I'm looking for counter arguments on here, but at least take the time to read the damn thing before going "lol wut f*** dat"

The tail of a comet is not a solid mass. It's incapable of blocking out the sun in any meaningful way that we would be able to see, especially considering its small size. It certainly wouldn't "black out" the sun and plunge earth into darkness for 3 days.

There are almost always multiple planets lined up, this way or that. Every once and awhile, something happens when that's the case, and these people point at it and go, "THAT MUST BE WHY!!!!!," failing to realize that the other hundred times that year any number of planets were in a line, nothing happened.

The counter arguments are easy. There is no verifiable proof that the planets lined up had anything to do with earthquakes, or any other natural disaster. There is no empirical data to support it. All these guys have is a very shaky correlation. Just because A happened at the same time as B, does not mean that A caused B. That's the extent of these guys' argument.

What's even more mind numbing is the idea that this comet has anything to do with anything. Comets fly through the solar system all the time. This comet just happens to be passing through right now, and wow, what do you know, some natural disasters have happened like they do every year, all the time. I'm sure if you go back to when Haley's comet came through, there were some natural disasters that year. Doesn't mean the comet had shit do with it.

The point is, these guys have nothing to support their claims that doesn't go beyond their rather simplistic observations and their incredible desire to try and find real world events to match up with vague, described future events in the bible or other religions works. God, why are there so many Christians who spend all their time focusing on when the second coming is supposed to happen? The apostles themselves said they didn't know when it was going to happen - and these people are just kidding themselves if they think they can figure it out.

These guys have even less credibility than the moon hoax people - and those guys have been debunked many, many times.

NickKmet said:
Icepick said:

The tail of a comet is not a solid mass. It's incapable of blocking out the sun in any meaningful way that we would be able to see, especially considering its small size. It certainly wouldn't "black out" the sun and plunge earth into darkness for 3 days.

There are almost always multiple planets lined up, this way or that. Every once and awhile, something happens when that's the case, and these people point at it and go, "THAT MUST BE WHY!!!!!," failing to realize that the other hundred times that year any number of planets were in a line, nothing happened.

The counter arguments are easy. There is no verifiable proof that the planets lined up had anything to do with earthquakes, or any other natural disaster. There is no empirical data to support it. All these guys have is a very shaky correlation. Just because A happened at the same time as B, does not mean that A caused B. That's the extent of these guys' argument.

What's even more mind numbing is the idea that this comet has anything to do with anything. Comets fly through the solar system all the time. This comet just happens to be passing through right now, and wow, what do you know, some natural disasters have happened like they do every year, all the time. I'm sure if you go back to when Haley's comet came through, there were some natural disasters that year. Doesn't mean the comet had s*** do with it.

The point is, these guys have nothing to support their claims that doesn't go beyond their rather simplistic observations and their incredible desire to try and find real world events to match up with vague, described future events in the bible or other religions works. God, why are there so many Christians who spend all their time focusing on when the second coming is supposed to happen? The apostles themselves said they didn't know when it was going to happen - and these people are just kidding themselves if they think they can figure it out.

These guys have even less credibility than the moon hoax people - and those guys have been debunked many, many times.

Comets do occur very frequently, few that will actually pass between the sun and the earth in such a dramatic fashion however, hence the speculation and fervor. Religious implications aside as I have no interest in that subject, you take the article to be a strict religious propaganda when I feel that was a very small afterthought regarding it.

You can scream there's no actual data to suggest there's a correlation between the alignment all you want, I wont deny that as of right now there is no understanding as to why those events occurred during an alignment, and it's possible, nay probable they're unrelated. That being said it's a pretty fucking big coincidence to look at that, and say no not worth investigating. Again, if allegedly found true.

Icepick said:
Comets do occur very frequently, few that will actually pass between the sun and the earth in such a dramatic fashion however, hence the speculation and fervor. Religious implications aside as I have no interest in that subject, you take the article to be a strict religious propaganda when I feel that was a very small afterthought regarding it.

Ummm... have you even looked at the rest of the site? From the front page, we have such text as:

Signs in the Sun before Start of Apocalypse !
Luke 21:25-26: “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity and anguish at the roaring and tossing of the sea and the waves; Men's hearts failing them for fear, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.â€

The content of the article I was referencing was the nifty coincidence about the alignment and tremors, I also made clear I had no intent on this being a religious discussion, nor did I believe in the religious aspect of this.

You really take 2-3 aspects, form an argument than shut everything else out.

But praise be, I never have to look for any answers again, we have Nickmet, the clear prophet who holds all of life's answers, it's simple "shit happens", why that's the clear explanation and there could be no further reason for discourse, because some keyboard warrior with clearly some built up anger issues doesn't want to partake in a discussion, rather scream about how he's correct and dissecting posts small bits at a time.

Your argument is that he cites nothing, which I clearly stated earlier, but I mean if you want to reiterate my own point to me... you sure showed me? As for him lacking resources, I'd like to see yours, where you've picked up all the answers to everything being a coincidence. Considering your earlier statement is that only solids can obscure vision, I'm a bit skeptical

again, seeing as you cut up my posts into tiny bits, I'd of figured you'd have gathered I'm not looking for a religious debate, just a discussion on the subject of the evidence presented. You on the other hand feel you need to wage some ungodly crusade against his lack of information, armed with your own... lack of information

Is my posting this topic that offended that you've become such a tool or are you always a joke who feels everyones trolling

Another thing of note about the tail of a comet: it always points away from the sun. So if a comet is directly in between the sun and Earth, the tail would be pointed straight at us. We'd see only a small, fuzzy, roughly spherical shape.

Paradox said:
Another thing of note about the tail of a comet: it always points away from the sun. So if a comet is directly in between the sun and Earth, the tail would be pointed straight at us. We'd see only a small, fuzzy, roughly spherical shape.

Out of curiosity why is that, I figured the tail would be a result of it shedding mass due to it's movement

Comets are pretty much made of dust and ice. The nearer they move to the sun, the more they react to the solar winds and radiation. It's kinda like pissing into the wind. You're aimed one way, but is gonna splash back on your leg regardless.

Paradox said:
Comets are pretty much made of dust and ice. The nearer they move to the sun, the more they react to the solar winds and radiation. It's kinda like pissing into the wind. You're aimed one way, but is gonna splash back on your leg regardless.

Indeed. You would imagine the tail would just be the oppsosite to the direction the comet is moving. But in reality it's pointing in the opposite direction of the sun due to solar winds. Dunno why I just chose to repeat you. I think because I found the pissing comment not to explain very much and perhaps confuse more than explain :)

As any object moving on direction on earth, particles coming off of it wiill be falling off in the opposite direction, which is why people assume the comets tail is always on the ass end of the direction itks travelling.

Earth be different than space.

The piss explanation is the entire object changing direction, not just paerticles of an object travelling in seperate directions.

Phew its late and I apologize for the typos, posting from my crapberry torch.

Never buy a blackberry.

Icepick said:
The content of the article I was referencing was the nifty coincidence about the alignment and tremors, I also made clear I had no intent on this being a religious discussion, nor did I believe in the religious aspect of this.

You really take 2-3 aspects, form an argument than shut everything else out.

But praise be, I never have to look for any answers again, we have Nickmet, the clear prophet who holds all of life's answers, it's simple "s*** happens", why that's the clear explanation and there could be no further reason for discourse, because some keyboard warrior with clearly some built up anger issues doesn't want to partake in a discussion, rather scream about how he's correct and dissecting posts small bits at a time.

Your argument is that he cites nothing, which I clearly stated earlier, but I mean if you want to reiterate my own point to me... you sure showed me? As for him lacking resources, I'd like to see yours, where you've picked up all the answers to everything being a coincidence. Considering your earlier statement is that only solids can obscure vision, I'm a bit skeptical

again, seeing as you cut up my posts into tiny bits, I'd of figured you'd have gathered I'm not looking for a religious debate, just a discussion on the subject of the evidence presented. You on the other hand feel you need to wage some ungodly crusade against his lack of information, armed with your own... lack of information

Is my posting this topic that offended that you've become such a tool or are you always a joke who feels everyones trolling

uh, wut? I'm not trying to make it a religious discussion. I'm just pointing out that that is the motivation behind what they are claiming. That's pretty relevant to discussing their ideas. And you'll notice that I didn't just focus on the religious aspect of their claims. I definitely posted a counter argument to the non-religious aspect of what they're stating. I mean, I guess you could look at my post again. It's like you read my first little blurb and got so angry you didn't read the rest of it and just went straight to reply.

And, I find it amusing that you think I consider myself prophetic, a know it all, or whatever. All I'm trying to do is point out the fact that the stuff these kinds of groups come up with should never be taken seriously. It's a bunch of crap to the obvious extreme.

In reality, I shouldn't have to post evidence. This stuff should be common sense. But if you need a scientific analysis as to why this stuff is bogus, well, here's a nice one from a university.

http://www.etsu.edu/physics/etsuobs/sta ... nalign.htm

If you need another, here's a great website.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planets.html

Boom, disproved. Whoop-de-do.

And please, if you find it necessary to read emotion into my post, go ahead. But really, I don't have pent up anger issues. I'm not a keyboard warrior. I was merely at work today, and had nothing to do, and this grabbed my attention.

As for your last sentence, I'm not sure what you're asking? Am I a tool? No. Not really. Do I think everyone's a troll? No. To quote somebody, somewhere, you don't know me.

But if you want an honest discussion about a topic, and then present something that anybody with 5 minutes on their hands (to look up a scientific analysis that debunks their claim in 2 sentences) can take a shit on, you're not asking for a debate. A debate does not demand both sides to be considered equally among all parties. In the debate of whether or not Obama was born in this country (is that still really a debate?), the naysayers should not be given equal credence as everyone else, because, well, they have nothing but crazy theories to back them up. I don't see anything different from these guys.... so.... yeah.

You took the time to post this stuff when you don't even think it's credible. If you expect any of us to look at that website and not act incredulously, I don't understand what your thought process is. How could any of that stuff be plausible? I mean, if the world were supposed to end every time the planets and some comet lined up, the world would have ended several thousand times over by now.

anyways, I need to go back to packing. And i'm done with this.

intoTheRain said:
I think because I found the pissing comment not to explain very much and perhaps confuse more than explain :).

My dick is a comet, the piss is the tail, and it flows with the solar winds back onto my leg.

In all honesty, you probably did explain it better though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod