Eidos up to their old tricks

Not surprising, really. I am sure other publishers are throwing their weight around when they can, just real discreetly.

embargoes are common, i'm playing prince of persia now, but i'm not allowed to review it until tuesday. however, i've never heard of a score-based embargo before, and eidos didn't say anything to us.

tomb raider is in jesse's hands and should have a review early next week.

Duke_Ferris said:
embargoes are common, i'm playing prince of persia now, but i'm not allowed to review it until tuesday. however, i've never heard of a score-based embargo before, and eidos didn't say anything to us.

tomb raider is in jesse's hands and should have a review early next week.

Exactly how common is this, almost everygame or holiday headliners? Did rockstar do this for GTA? Thats weird - b/c Tomb Raider looks like a good game. Do the embargos usually come with that "If-Then" clause [lower than an 8.0 hold off till monday], Seriously, what incentive do reviewers have to honor that date... no more prereleased free copies of the games? I would think that they want to get those reviews out there BEFORE they're available at blockbuster. Score-based embargo eh? NOW! LEt there be no doubt now that the score is a crucial part of the gameplay [for example see FFVII].

Embargo dates are extremely common in most games(even the "smaller" titles) but this is the first time I've ever seen score embargo dates.
I don't think Americans would stand for that crap.

*puke*

I find refreshing that Duke actually tells us the truth...not that we didn't know it but...actually we have confirmation instead of speculation. Informative and interesting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle