Dreamcast

2killa4u

Rookie
Didn't know which forum this belongs to so i put it in here... But i was thinkin early today when i seen the latest sonic game and it made me think of playing sonic on the dreamcast. Then I remembered i barely got to play it cuz my dreamcast kept screwing up.
Anybody else have to go through about 4 or 5 dreamcast???
:roll: :?: :cry:

mine used to have trouble playing a couple games. unreal tournament and powerstone being two i remember, but other than that it was fine. i never bought another one, i just kept turning on until it worked and read the discs.

Funny that everyone said it died...

Did you know that Sega actually threw away all rights it had on the dreamcast? Actually, the Dreamcast is still alive. Many junior game devellopers are using it and releasing games on their server. You just download a web browser into the dreamcast, download the game and VOILA, good to go.

Give it a search on google. My friend is still playing his dreamcast and even though the games are far from AAA titles, they are still good. Hell, even some games surpass "official" ones.

Try Homebrew program Dreamcast on google if you are curious or check it on wikipedia.

I wish I had a Dreamcast. The only problem is, I'd have to buy all the great games second-hand online. Not too big of a deal, but it would be hard

I got my dreamcast on launch and I never had a problem with it.

Loved the system. The VMU was an awesome idea, too bad there wasn't much support for it. I remember bringing my little chao to school and playing with it on the VMU.

I didn't show sega much support, though because I pirated most of my games.

Actually, just built a new TV stand last night and hooked up my DC to my 20" LCD for the first time. It's still as pretty as it's ever been. Now I can play and remember the only reason I really liked Shenmue: Space Harrier in the arcade!

Reflecting on this post, it evokes memories of the nostalgia associated with gaming consoles like the Dreamcast. The mention of the latest Sonic game triggers thoughts of past experiences, particularly playing Sonic on the Dreamcast. However, the post also brings to light the frustration of dealing with faulty consoles, as indicated by the struggle of going through multiple Dreamcasts. It's a sentiment shared by many gamers who have encountered similar issues with their gaming hardware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle