Did we ever have this kind of topic?

Kijan

Rookie
I was just wondering if GR ever had a topic discussing about the various weapons found in our beloved video games?

Didn't find any, but I also admit I was a bit lazy. :) Didn't search really thoroughly. :D

Sooo ... anyhow, which weapon do you like ze' best? Also say the game! And why. ;)

I'll go for ...

The Boots of Death!

Found in every Mario game. :D

Why? It's so satisfactory to jump onto enemies and destroy them. :D You can destroy even buildings! :D

Cerebral Bore from Turok 2!!

It was always epic hehe! For those of you who dont know, it eats the brains out of the enemies and then blows the head off at the end!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CaiXVbFZXI
(I dont have speakers on his laptop, so I'm assuming the sound is sufficient ;))

Mario: the Italian curbstomper!

My favorite weapons as of late: The flame thrower in Valkyria Chronicles. The most frustrating part of that game is when people crouch near sandbags or in the grass, and this weapon clears that right up.

A recent great one was the nanorifle in Red Faction Guerilla. Dissolving support beams from a distance was too much cool.

Started playing my Metroid Prime Trilogy today. Therefore, I'm nominating the good ole Charge Beam. There it is, gleaming with light as you hold the A button. Power-ups come streaming right to you, like a moth to a bug-zapper. Suddenly, a Shriek-Bat is coming straight towards you! FWOOSH! SPLAT! Bat explodes into glowing chunks. Where would we be without our beloved Charge Beam?

By far the Lancer from Gears of War. Back in the heyday of the original, when everyone's favorite tactic was shotgun charge, I loved to just sit against a pillar and chainsaw the mooks as they ran past. So satisfying.

Or even better, if you played a best of 5 match, and you realized just where the enemy sniper would hang out, you could actually sneak up right behind him and chainsaw!

My "clan" spent a night fighting a real clan. By the second game, one of their guys just refused to play because I kept chainsawing him. He kept cursing over the chat about how cheap it was, and I just kept laughing. Then to add insult to injury, I would down him, stick a smoke grenade on him, and let him bleed out. He didn't like that.

The level 2 Peacemaker on Jak 3. Forgot what it was called, but it made people float. Smacking a poor bastard and watching them spiral off into the sky amounts to limitless entertainment.

Also from Jak 3, the Needle Gun. Awesome awesome awesome.

Just for the sake of overkill, Fallout 3's Experimental MIRV.. to kill everything.

Maybe Blinx The Time Sweeper's little sweepy vacuum as well. Maybe not.

The Quack-o-ray from Ratchet & Clank: Up Yer Arsenal. Go fiery bird of death, go!

Also, Kratos' Blades of Chaos. Those things are sooooo badass

The Experimental MIRV is a lot of fun to mess around with...Too bad mini-nukes are semi-hard to come by.

Also the gravity gun is always awesome to mess around with.

I agree with the MIRV. Completely pointless, wasteful and heavy, but it has the ability to level citys in 1 go.

Also, the Bowie Knife from CoD5 Map Pack 3 is made out of 40% pure anger, and 60% epic win.

MattAY said:
Cerebral Bore from Turok 2!!

It was always epic hehe!

That times 11. Watching the dinos stumble around headless before falling over was a huge LOL moment.

The pistol from Halo 1. Simple, scoped, overpowered as all Hell but God damn it, it was a good weapon!

The Golden Gun
007: Golden Eye

What's greater than a 99% one shot kill? (I said 99% because sometimes it won't give me a instant kill)

EDIT: Wrong name for the weopon

Errr a one shot killing gun that can eat out brains and blow off heads. That's better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod