Beer - Teacher, mother, secret lover...

LinksOcarina said:
Where do you get the craft beers dude? I am interested in new stuff.

For a lot of stuff like that you have to find a specialty beer shop...Most of the ones that I know are all pretty small places, but are absolutely full of all sorts of different kinds of beer. You're in New York right (or somewhere populated like that)? I would assume you shouldn't have trouble finding a couple of them around just might have to search the web to find them.

I'll list some of my favorites later.

LinksOcarina said:
Where do you get the craft beers dude? I am interested in new stuff.

Not sure of your local retailers, but here in Texas I get most of mine from HEB supermarket. There's also Central Market, where I could stand and drool like a kid in a candy store at their selection.

I haven't been drinking nearly as much beer as I was a couple years ago (were talking breadth and depth here) but when I do I'm drinking Old Style or PBR when the wallet is thin, Goose Island 312 (wheat ale) when I'm feeling saucy and Chang (Thai beer) when I can find it.

These days I'm mostly drinking bourbon, however. Maker's Mark, or George Dickle if I can find someplace that has it.

I'll do what Paradox did and just post pic of what is in my fridge, since that sounds fun.

image-15.jpg

Probably the worst of the three, brewed in Juneau, AK by Alaskan. They're actually a pretty damn big company, so you could probably find their brews if you live in the PNW. This one is nice and citrusy, but not as good as Alaskan Amber or Alaskan Winter.

image-16.jpg

A nice Porter from Deschutes Brewery in Oregon. I buy this really often.

image-17.jpg

Pyramid is another big company, I think they're no longer considered "craft beer" like the others as they're owned by some big conglomerate now. This is by far the best fruity beer I've ever had though, if you don't count lambics. It's very sweet but damn it's good. Perfect for summer days.

De-Ting said:
I don't think alcohol is good for anyone, Ugh. I don't think it's good for you times infinity.
This

Also, what's up with beer names? they all sound like some sort of stuff you find under the sink, incorrect french or it's from lost forgotten video game
1018719.jpg

My go-to beer is Dos Equis, I live in Florida and after being out in the heat a cold XX is fantastic when sitting out by the pool or on a beach. Landshark is good for that too. I also like Blue Moon, and Coors Light or Rolling Rock when I'm watching sports. I was quite poor when I started getting into alcohol (I'm still quite poor) so I developed a taste for cheap beer. I don't really like dark beer except for Amberbock and Sam Adams Summer (which isn't really dark).

For hard stuff I love tequila, and vodka-based drinks are okay. I used to like rum but I spent too many nights hugging the toilet when I was 19 in college and now the smell of Captain Morgan makes me gag. It's still good in tropical frozen drinks though. My dad makes wine so I'm trying to develop a taste for it but it takes a while.

intoTheRain said:
used looks like he has a nice house

Tiny two-bedroom apartment, but yeah it's pretty nice, thanks.

I just had a bottle of something called Leinenkugel's Summer Wheat. It is apparently from Wisconsin, and was pretty good. Really hit the spot since I usually want something brisk after work. It had kind of an "artificial fruit flavoring" aftertaste, but that was alright.

I believe the Leinenkugel is Sunset Wheat which is their summer seasonal brew. I enjoy it immensely as it goes down like lemonade. Also, like lemonade, I can't drink too much of it before the taste becomes more tart and less refreshing.

Summer Shady, that's the Leinenkugel I was thinking of that tastes lemonadeish. Both that and sunset wheat are delicious.

more delicious goodness!

Maredsous Triple 10
64809_157315744290860_100000373074960_330809_996560_n.jpg

Strong, stiff and 10% alcohol content!

Highway 78 Scotch Ale
228192_209563985732702_100000373074960_642573_5113634_n.jpg

Puts hair on your chest. Made for an awkward moment when my wife drank some.

Dead Guy Ale
225944_210982828924151_100000373074960_651212_4938561_n.jpg

It seems that Oregon puts out some of the best brews I've drank lately.

KGB Russian Imperial Stout
180944_190457807643320_100000373074960_516309_2507834_n.jpg

Ã

Rogue has an amazing selection of beers, each one tastier then the last. Try their double chocolate stout, it is as good as or even better then the Young's you posted earlier.

Blueberry Lager?!.....Interesting, I enjoyed Strawberry.

Nice collection of corks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod