ALASKA PUNS! HAR HAR @ USED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bras

Rookie
I just downloaded the beta, had already created my account and signed in and everything, went through the tutorial with delight, then on to a multiplayer match...
That was 10 minutes ago, and the Finding Players screen is still looking right at me. The room ocassionally fills with 4-5 people, but then they all leave.

So...anyone has already played the beta? Did you encounter any issues? Both inside and outside the matches, or talk about anything you might want to share.

Yeah, the matchmaking isn't that great, yet. I still enjoy the beta when I play with other players. There was an update when it switched to open. It lags like crazy now. The weapons, gadgets, etc I enjoy. It's not the best game, but then again it's only a download title. Battlefield 1943 is fun and I thought people would enjoy this as well.

Oh and if I'm getting more people to care about this game, then you might want to head over here first. http://www.gamerevolution.com/forum/vie ... 3&start=20 I'm sure we could discuss the beta in it's unofficial topic.

I finally played some matches yesterday, I must say the matchmaking system is far from optimal, the first game we were 8 people and got paired 6v2, and guess which side I was in?

Then, as you said Ugh, it lags, and even though I could blame my connection, which sucks, I had few issues playing the Battlefield 3 Beta.

One letdown is that it won't support cross-platform online games, and that the PC beta requires both STEAM and Games for Windows Live to play. I also don't like the fact that you can't buy a phisical copy of the game.

That said, the gameplay is smooth and truly fun. All the clases are different enough that you have to change your strategy for survival and approaching a mission, there is customization (though you have to unlock it first) and it seems as deep as to avoid cookie-cutter builds. I like it.

used44 said:
Just got my beta code for Xbox 360 in the mail.

You mean email right?
I just imagined a letter from WB:

Dear used44,

Your beta code is: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Regards,
Warner Bros

Don't pick on used. Alaska is so far up there, it's actually faster to send him a letter than an email.

used44 said:
:(

Yes I did word that awkwardly. Email, of course.

Well you're all set to play the beta either way!

PS:I had no idea you were from Alaska, that's cool!

Yeah, it's an ice place. The people there are pretty chill, not too hot-headed or anything. I can understand why you'd have cold feet about living there, but that feeling can melt away after you go there.

Dan's giving this thread the cold shoulder. Though I don't blame him, since there's absolute zero reason for it.

Alright, I'm done.

Can we at least change the other title, so it's easier to tell what it's for? Otherwise I forsee more entries like this.

WHY THE FUCK HASN'T USED GOTTEN IN HERE TO DEFEND HIS HOMELAND WHY DO WE MAKE HIM A GODDAM MOD IF HE WON'T COME INTO THREADS WHERE WE'RE TALKING SHIT AND DEFEND HIMSELF?!

inuit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle