A Short Time Ago, In A State Not Far Away...[Kershner]

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
It's been reported that Irvin Kershner, the director of Empire Strikes Back, passed away today in Los Angeles. Source

It's a sad day indeed, Empire is easily my favorite of the series. Kershner also directed Never Say Never Again. Seems like all the actors and entertainment icons of my youth are dying...

Well, they are getting to an age where death is more probable.

When our parents were growing up, I'm sure they could have said the same thing about significant entertainment icons of the time.

Kershner directed one of the best of the saga and for that, I am thankful.

Bond movies must be held to a different standard. Have you really watched any of them? And Sean Connery ones especially.

Besides...what else was I going to cite? His direction of Robocop 2?

Bretimus_v2 said:
Bond movies must be held to a different standard. Have you really watched any of them? And Sean Connery ones especially.
I have every single Bond movie above my bed. I've watched all of them at least once. The only one that isn't there is Never Say Never Again, because it's neither a true Bond movie nor is it good. If Albert R. Broccoli isn't producing it, it isn't a Bond movie. Well, until he died at least.

Still, it's pretty awful. Though the Moore movies being made at the same time weren't much better. Stupid Moore.

Am I the only one who assumed George Lucas directed every Star Wars film? You learn something new every day.

Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars movie (not like the prequels were much competition...)

May he RIP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod