A list of some games ten dollars or less-Are they worth it?

GRColin

Rookie
So I'm thinking of picking up a cheap thrill and I came across a few titles that are under ten dollars. I wanted to know what the general census here was.

Dark Sector
Conan
Viking
Blue Dragon
Stranglehold
Unreal Tournament 3
Quake 4

Actually, I'm not sure if I can still find Viking for 9.99.

Normally I'd just go and buy the damn thing and not care if it was horrible or not - It'd only be 9 dollars I'm out. But since that 9 dollars can go towards a couple trips to Starbucks, a movie ticket or perhaps the Texas Chainsaw massacre remake on blu-ray, I'm being stingy.

Dark Sector looked great to me, but I haven't played it. Stranglehold and Blue Dragon are worth ten. Haven't played the others.

Get UT3 (for 360). I need someone to play with on Live.
Or just go on Steam and get Psychonauts. Better use of your money IMO.

I played the demos for Stranglehold and Dark Sector, they didn't seem too horrific. For $10? pick 'em up. If they suck, just bring 'em into GameStop or give one to a friend as a present. That's what I do. :p

Unreal Tournaments strong suit is its multi-player. Which is pretty sad considering how god awful it is.

But Blue Dragon da' shit yo.

I just saw Avatar for $4.00 with an additional 40% off and I almost got it for the incredibly easy 1000 gamerscore. It would have been embarassing.

Where did you see it?

I should also mention Lost Planet is available for 9.99 but it isn't the Colonies one or whatever.

Anyways, I bought the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake on blu ray for like 5 dollars. I may buy a game still though - Thanks for the suggestions. Most of the prices were from a combination of EB/Gamestop, Newegg and Amazon. I could get Quake 4 for like 5.99 but Stranglehold sounds good.

I saw it in my local Fred Meyer's new bargain bin, which was mostly old sports games and old wrestling games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133