A GR Adult Panel on the Pros and Cons of not having children

I wouldn't mind just knocking some girl up and having a baby every other weekend or so. Especially if it's a Mexican chick, then she'd just give it to her mom to raise.

I think the world needs as many little me's running around as possible.

Mod-Chip said:
What about adoption?

Adoption is something I've really thought about. Why pump out your own kid when there are kids out there without parents to begin with. That said adoption horror stories make me hesitant.

Part of me thinks I might be busted and unable to make a kid. So adoption may be my only choice.

The parents were far too busy parenting to partake in this discussion. They're no doubt cursing this very discussion, wondering how we even have the time to ponder the advantages and disadvantages of having children to begin with.

It's called critical thinking, gentlemen. At 14, I had already made the choice to wait until I had built a better environment to bring my child in to, so instead I spent those years playing video games and playing video games. So in many ways my "youthful years" epitomized the very essence of adulthood and money management.

Brothers and sisters living in bachelorhood, embrace your wise choices. Come home at 3am because you can.

I grew up in a broken home with a mother who got pregnant on purpose in order to secure a child support paycheck for her to spend however she wanted.(Mostly her prescription problem)

Really taught me to always use multiple protections and always bring my own.
And because of that I have no kids, secret or otherwise.

Is there an un-selfish reason to produce your own offspring to raise as opposed to adopting someone else's? The positives I find in parenthood lead me to clearly choose adoption over having my own children, although the genetic bond is a tough one to overcome: usually the argument for having children is that it comes from and is a symbol of intimacy between the parents, and that the similarities stemming from genetics (whatever they are) make for a more enjoyable family. For the child, too, not just the parents, I mean. I'm not sure how much of an excuse that is.

Is there a common incentive for people to have children, knowing that they will give them up for adoption?

Sightless said:
Is there a common incentive for people to have children, knowing that they will give them up for adoption?

I know girls(Who refuse to use protection/birth control/ or early abortions) who shop out their babies while they are pregnant. Trying to get as much money as they can from rich couples who cant conceive themselves. Those girls kinda make me sick.

I guess on the upside the child is probably better off not being with that kind of mother.

Hrm. That seems weird, because there are processes in place for that to happen with oversight and screening and all that, right? Seems beneficial to the prospective parents to go through it, rather than deal with a stranger without help. But I guess that kind of stuff is always going to happen sometimes. So crazy.

I have no idea if I'll ever have kids. I mean for one, I am lacking a girlfriend/significant other so that's an obstacle, but even if the time comes e.g. long term partner/girlfriend or wife, I'm not sure about kids. Maybe one day I will change my mind but for now, I am unsure.

What about dating people with kids? Or a kid? Is anyone against that? Is anyone fine with that?

I used to avoid girls with kids like a plague, but recently I met this really cool girl who I'd like to get to know better. She has a kid... but I'd still like to get to know this girl. :/

I got nearly 10 grand back at tax time for having a shit ton of kids and being "low income". I spent nearly 2 grand of it at gamestop within the first week. If that doesn't count as a pro for having kids, I don't know what does.

I_Hate_MGS said:
I got nearly 10 grand back at tax time for having a shit ton of kids and being "low income". I spent nearly 2 grand of it at gamestop within the first week. If that doesn't count as a pro for having kids, I don't know what does.

See, my stupid ass would've wasted that money on a savings account towards college tuition for those snotty, shitting brats. Probably why I haven't had any children yet.

Wha..?
Wait a minute...

Optimus-Crime said:
I_Hate_MGS said:

See, my stupid ass would've wasted that money on a savings account towards college tuition for those snotty, shitting brats. Probably why I haven't had any children yet.

Wha..?
Wait a minute...

Ah there will be plenty of time for that in the future! For now they can enjoy their new wii u and new DS's

btw, it is fascinating to watch kids play old school games (NES, SNES, Genesis). Games are so easy today by comparison, they can't handle the frustration from dieing in the older games from my youth.

EDIT - Serious note though, I'm not completely irresponsible, I did save a hefty portion of that, spent some on home improvements and paid all bills for months in advance (so I don't feel tempted to blow it!).

I'm sure you're fine or you wouldn't have mentioned it. Otherwise your brothers and sisters here would shame you until you did right. That's what friends are for: Judging your choices from a distance. (going to GameStop?..pfft)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod