2 xboxs 1 Internet

drathbone

Regular
Hey gang I've been offline for a while since I moved until tomorrow but last time I had 2 xbl live accounts on the same internet connection there were issues (one of the two would disconnect, both woul say Internet connection error etc). A while back I had read about something like port forwarding and changing the wireless router settings to accommodate this conflict.

My question: do simultaneous Xbox live connections on the same Internet connection still cause issues? If not was this just an isolated case? If so how can I remedy the problem?
One is a white Xbox and one is a slim if it makes any diff.

Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same situation. One white Xbox, old as can be, and a slim. Both hooked up to the net wirelessly, and I've had zero problems. My Internet service is easily strong enough to accommodate both, even thigh it's not what I would call mega-fast (though it is mega-expensive). Even both xboxes watching Netflix works great.

If you're having issues, it's definitely your router. And those are a bitch to configure.

le sigh. Seems my slim just plain won't connect (haven't tried my roommates white one). When correctly typing in the password for my wifi network it runs the connection test and says it can't connect. Did all of XB website tech support steps to no avail. Any suggestions? It was working a week ago with verizon DSL and isn't working today with Comcast Xfinity despite all other devices working (2 laptops, 2 cell phones, 2 desktops).

Thanks again.

See if it'll connect when you use an ethernet cable.

The only other thing I can tell you is to look at your router settings. Also, is there a limit to how many devices it can support?

I had the same issue, both me and my room mate couldn't play online at the same time, but had no problems going solo. Issue turned out to be the router. Easy fix, purchased a new one and never had a problem after that. If your router is 4 years or older, I suggest looking into another one

Yes it's a brand new router. It's just strange it's always the xbox that has issues and nothing else throughout the years.

Hey guys got my Slim working (it randomly just connected, maybe it was being fickle the other night). My roommate still hasn't connected his so I want to thank everybody for their input and links to possible solutions!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011