You know what? Fuck you. I like EA.

Their server support is just ridiculously poor. Playing any ea game online is so frustrating.

Lien said:
"I already have steam tattooed on my chest, there is no more room!"

It's more along the lines of, "The major game devs held me down and Steam tattooed itself on my chest, so fuck anyone else who tries to do the same thing."

If you want to play games on your PC you more or less have no choice but to have steam on your system. And it pisses me off. I have more than a few games where I went out and bought the physical boxed copy of it, only to go home, install it, and see that it has to run through steam to play it. Why? Oh you can say that you can run it offline after you connect, and you can talk about the sales and the indie games and this and that, but at the end of the day, it is compulsory DRM, which I am no fan of to put it mildly. There have been times where my internet was down and that library of games was nothing more than words on a screen. I don't like that. No one should.

So rather than go through the format that most major game devs already use and that I and many others begrudgingly accept, EA decides to be the special snowflake of the bunch and say, "nah, we'll do the exact same thing as you, but just for our own games."

Steam has had years worth of a head start and a much larger installed base, EA should just swallow their pride and make their products available on Steam. Of course with all the time, money, and effort they put in to Origin, I doubt now that will ever happen.

You can say it's unfair that I won't give Origin a chance just because Steam got there first but to quote the sage wisdom of one of the most verbose posters on these forums (who always has something insightful and useful to add to every thread he posts in, I might add)
Green_Lantern said:
Meh, whatever, your loss.
Yes, my loss indeed...

They are a big company that houses many different developing teams. They have some great products and some shovels are. They've gotten better about not holding to ridiculous deadlines. But the annualization of some franchises still seems silly at times. Got to 100% agree about server support.

That being said they are supporting the shit out of my hobby. So I got that going for me.

Bretimus_v2 said:
They are a big company that houses many different developing teams. They have some great products and some shovels are. They've gotten better about not holding to ridiculous deadlines. But the annualization of some franchises still seems silly at times. Got to 100% agree about server support.

That being said they are supporting the shit out of my hobby. So I got that going for me.
ITT: EA sells shovels, hobbyist Bret approves.

C_nate said:
If you want to play games on your PC you more or less have no choice but to have steam on your system.
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

Don't worry bro, all those evil pirates have your back. Enjoy no additional bandwidth usage, no background CPU/RAM use and no install limits/spyware/alwaysonline/etc. One 30 second download and you can literally gain 5-10fps, ie GTA IV or The Witcher 2.

De-Ting said:
ITT: hobbyist Bret approves.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Can we start calling ourselves hobbyists? I desperately want "Hobbyist Gamers" to be a thing.

C_nate said:
If you want to play games on your PC you more or less have no choice but to have steam on your system. And it pisses me off. I have more than a few games where I went out and bought the physical boxed copy of it, only to go home, install it, and see that it has to run through steam to play it. Why? Oh you can say that you can run it offline after you connect, and you can talk about the sales and the indie games and this and that, but at the end of the day, it is compulsory DRM, which I am no fan of to put it mildly. There have been times where my internet was down and that library of games was nothing more than words on a screen. I don't like that. No one should.

So rather than go through the format that most major game devs already use and that I and many others begrudgingly accept, EA decides to be the special snowflake of the bunch and say, "nah, we'll do the exact same thing as you, but just for our own games."
litemanlaws_story1.jpg

Agreed.

What are shovels? I lways thought they were those things you made graves out of. Or hit would-be thieves trying to rob Maculy Culkin in the head with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo