Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

• I don't know

• Total voters

GhostTrip

Rookie
MySpace user kills himself after writing a suicide note on the famous site.

Nah, it's not funny. But why did he kill himself? Over a girl...

So is this Emo craze getting to kids heads? Or are they smart enough to control themselves, except for a few morons out there?

"do me a favore [sic] ...."; This could of ben stoped,"; "All the people that knew didnt do shit. i had a good time with u in ceramics. f--- all your friends that did nothing.".

Mr dictionary deserts us again.

I highly doubt it was because he was emo that he killed himself but that doesn't remove my hatred for their moronic existence.

No one can blame the emo trend for a suicide (though of course that won't stop them from trying). Emo hasn't created suicidal teenagers, it's merely provided a way for them (and others) to categorize their feelings. Taking away the name doesn't take away the problem.

Sam

Ok you definetly confused me there. The topic name and poll ask two completely different questions.

Yes, I do think emo kids are faking their "pain and anguish". If the werent, we would have an entire generation of musicians and teens wiped out due to suicide or killing their ex-lovers. Therefore, emo is not getting out of hand, because emo kids simply just cry about it, write poetry, then post it in their LiveJournal, rather than killing themselves (with this one noteable exception)

Emo is not the cause of teenager suicide, it has to be deeper then that *Mental Problems, Low Self-Esteem, etc. Emo music on the other hand is out of control! Everyone has horrible problems! Those artists crying about how horrible their lives are need to shut the hell up and see for themselves what misery is. Poverty, Sickness, are a few examples of terrors these millionaire artists have not faced and will not. You can have emotion in your song, but never whine about how shitty your life is.

I would have thought, considering a general consesus of dislike pertaining to Emo music, that this topic would be filled with hullabaloo and hoopla celebrating one more Emo down and hoping that Emo is linked with suicide to extinguish the scene.

I thought wrong!

Emo is only popular because it's enjoyable to make fun of it. Once the joke gets old (and it takes some people ages to realize that) then emo will die down and something else will be found.

Ted_Wolff said:
I would have thought, considering a general consesus of dislike pertaining to Emo music, that this topic would be filled with hullabaloo and hoopla celebrating one more Emo down and hoping that Emo is linked with suicide to extinguish the scene.

I thought wrong!

Ahhh, hoopla, one of my favorite words. :D Hullabaloo, on the other hand is oh so...bombastic.

Anyone who commits suicide obiously isn't right in the head, this has very little/nothing to do with him being emo.

Ted_Wolff said:

I thought wrong!

No ted, never anything intelligent.

Real Emo music, Jimmy Eat World, Modest Mouse, Texas is the Reason, Built to Spill- is NOTHING like the crap you guys pin as emo.

Emo has become like the word Gay- you all just use it to mean "stupid".

Ugh, this is so stupid.
I voted no.
but I can't organize my thoughts well enough to explain why. Sorry.

All I can say is that it's very strange how GR unanimously dejects the emo culture.

I don't care. There are lots of emos at my school. I'd say a good 15% outta +1,000 students. This is just another retard.

I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed when I read this:

According to his words, Josh loved "girls who cry"; was married; was 8 feet, 11 inches tall and made $250,000 a year or more. Josh was a smartass.

Lol...?

This is stupid.

Calling people considerfed "emo" fake? What if someone is actually depressed and just discusses how they feel alot because it's a way for them to cope? Oh knoes1 They're a fake emo-follower!

Stop with the bloody labels already. A suicide isn't fake. It wasn't a trend that made him do it.

The word "emo" gets thrown around so much lately it's kind of annoying. I deliberately stayed away from this topic as long as I could for that simple reason.

"call the police.
Address ... Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.
im soo sorry<3"

What a shitty suicide note. If he is so sorry, then why did he fucking do it?

What an idiot.

incognito said:
"call the police.
Address ... Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.
im soo sorry<3"

What a poopies suicide note. If he is so sorry, then why did he cuddle-wuddles do it?

What an idiot.

:roll: never take calls on a helpline.

Sam

Seriously, that is retarted.

If I was gonna kill myself, I would write a huge thesis on how I think the world should be. That's certainly one way to get people to listen to you. Just look at Kurt Cobain!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133