What's the best job you've ever had?

WickedLiquid

Regular
My current job is pretty cool but when I was younger I had an awesome job at Toys R Us.

I worked the night shift with several other people aged 18-31. Do you have any idea how much fun it is to work in a giant toy store with no customers or managers? Our boss wasn't even a manager, just a full time worker who was put in charge for the 1 month night crew.

We would ride scooters, position stuffed animals into sexually awkward positions, head over to returns and play board games that had been opened or watch movies (break room had a DVD player and TV), play music however loud we wanted to. It was just fun! Today I wouldn't want to have the same job but when I was 22 it was a dream job. It only lasted for the month of December but I haven't had as much fun at a job as I did there.

What's yours?

Umm.. I guess when I worked at a dog kennel. The dogs were show chows.. the lady had a few number 1 north american chows.. (they'd won in previous years) that were worth 40-100 thousand dollars.

There were usually around 40-50 dogs. They would routinely be sold to rich people for anywhere from 5-15,000 dollars. And the best ones were kept for show.

I got to spend the night there when puppies were born and stay up all night to make sure the mother didn't squish them, or eat them. (yes mother dogs occasionally eat their puppies, i think it's more so accidental when they're trying to clean the placenta off.)

I'd bring one of my consoles and play video games for 8-10 hours straight and get paid for it. Being in high school, I was pretty in love with this easy money :p I grew VERY attached to a few of the dogs though, so it sucked when i eventually had to move on and leave for college.

If a litter was good, and say 6 solid puppies were born. She could basically make 110k+ overnight. The shows paid the animal costs and employee costs. Everything else was profit.

This one.
All my other jobs have been in the service industry and that's SHITTY. Also I worked at a not-fun theme park all summer long and that was horrible.

Best Buy was kind of cool.

My favorite job was working part-time at a law firm doing Finnish to English translations for a cool $60 an hour. Too bad they didn't need me after the trial began :p

The one I'm currently at circa 9 months ago to 1 month ago.

Great boss who protected us from working on weekends, clearly defined deliverables and tasks, great co-workers...it's not QUITE as good ever since I moved teams, things changed a bit, but it's still good.

Well, the only job I've had is the one I currently have... so... this one?

It's only a summer job, and my hours are pretty flexible. My bosses are really nice, and when there's nothing going on at work, I pretty much get to do what I want on the computer, or can go home early. Also, the pay is pretty good for the work I do, and I don't work weekends.

Serving coffee at the academy of science of San Francisco. In the day time, i served tourist cappuccino... at night time... I was one with the penguins....

KA-KAW!

Honestly, my time as a senior advisor at apple

mundane as shit job, boring, monitored 24/7, I even had an Iranian who's english was his third language, judging me on how I speak.

However, being a level of consumer support that is just below the engineers at apple, I would hear and have to fix some of the most retarded, side-splittingly funny shit you can imagine.

"Hello, Applecare help desk, agent name and case number"
"hey this jen, case number bla bla bla"
"Alright jen what's going on"
"This man... he uhhh... he defecated on his computer"
"...uh huh..."
"He thinks we should cover it because he claims it was a medical mishap"
"...uh huh?"
"he stimulates his prostate with an object... which caused... as he put it... "an uncontrollable run off" which in his frenzy, ended up on his computer"

At that point I called my superior and had him listen in. We laughed and laughed and laughed. I mean if I shit on my computer because I was stimulating my prostate with a dildo, I'd cut my loses, I wouldn't call in and demand a freebie, while describing in detail what happened.

Other bizarre stories, the guy who had his Imac on his diving board so he could listen to music in the pool, it felt in, and killed his dog while he was getting lunch. I fucking kid you not, demanded we bought him a new dog and pool lining, on top of replacing the machine...

You'd get shit like that, once a week minimum

Icepick said:
Other bizarre stories, the guy who had his Imac on his diving board so he could listen to music in the pool, it felt in, and killed his dog while he was getting lunch. I f****** kid you not, demanded we bought him a new dog and pool lining, on top of replacing the machine...
Simply astounding.

danielrbischoff said:
Icepick said:
Other bizarre stories, the guy who had his Imac on his diving board so he could listen to music in the pool, it felt in, and killed his dog while he was getting lunch. I f****** kid you not, demanded we bought him a new dog and pool lining, on top of replacing the machine...
Simply astounding.

If i didn't have to deal with that case, I would have sworn it was bullshit, ended up at apple's legal department, which apparently is the scariest group of motherfuckers around. If government employees working inside a building of significance phone, we were to transfer them to a special line, a tier 1 agent didn't, and denied them service because their computer didn't have any tech coverage. Two days later, a group of scary ass men in matching black suits waltzed into the building, took her aside, questioned her, and than promptly fired her.

No chit chat with anyone, not a word said to managers, they just went all watergate on her ass. Apple's not the squeaky clean love factory that their advertisers suggest

Mod-Chip said:
I think Icepick is lying. Proof or GTFO! Show us an expired employee badge!

badge? what jobs have you done where you get a badge... I have two company shirts....

You know what, I think you're lying, show me your paralegal badge! pics or it didn't happen
Daniel, where's your review badge, pics or gtfo

Icepick said:
Mod-Chip said:

badge? what jobs have you done where you get a badge... I have two company shirts....

You know what, I think you're lying, show me your paralegal badge! pics or it didn't happen

Lols. I guess we can take your word for it. I have paystubs that prove I worked there.

Mod-Chip said:
Icepick said:
Mod-Chip said:

Lols. I guess we can take your word for it. I have paystubs that prove I worked there.

... if it's really that serious of an inquisition, I'm sure I have old pay stubs... I did write a vox pop about how I hated working for them a few years ago...

Out of curiosity, what kind of a man do you think I am? Questioning someone on the internet isn't what bothers me, tons of people lie online. What concerns me, is you figure I fabricated this, and so in your mind, I must have sat down, seen the thread, thought to myself "here's an opportunity to lie to make myself internet popularz !!!one1!, and than, out of thin air, made up a story involving a dead dog, and a man performing pseudo medical, probably sexual acts on his anus and having it leak onto his laptop...

I get that I'm seen as an asshole... but to just whip up that story I would have to be pretty psychotic no?

edit: and who the fuck would lie about being technical support to impress someone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133