What's going on with the podcast theme contest?

Man, your TeamLiquid people are nuts. Haha.

I could post on a lot more forums but I don't want to be one of those people who registers an account just for something like that. And get banned. That's just crazy.

Lentium said:
well that seems fair...

Are you the creator of one of the other four enties? If so, I'm sorry. I really do feel a bit bad. You know, if GR wants to, maybe they could just disqualify both me and petrucci. Petrucci sort of started it with asking for votes on TeamLiquid but you could tell it was only in a half-hearted way. Me, I started doing the same thing after I learned about it. So, yeah, if they want to disqualify both of us, that's cool with me.

Though I'm guessing we are bringing a lot more traffic to the site. Maybe that's a good thing? Could be wrong though.

Well I didn't think anyone in their right minds would vote for mine, even I voted for ballard's lol. Yeah I posted this on TL but made it pretty clear that I wasn't forcing anyone to vote. Anyways, whatever I didn't expect on winning.

Oh jesus, I just posted it in my blog and untill yesterday I was losing and had given up, but apparently they reposted it in the general forum lol. That started a big spam battle in another forum or something, millions died and the end result is that I am ahead in the poll again. Sorry for it sortof getting out of hand, I was asleep while all of this happened -_-

Okay, so it looks like someone rigged the contest, so now things are complicated. To counteract any cheating that has occurred we will now be scraping the current poll and having a "sudden death" face-off. A new poll will be going up in the forums today in the misc. section entitled "Theme Song Poll". It will be up until 2pm PST tomorrow, giving you roughly 24 hours to vote. Since you must be a member of the forums to vote, this should, hopefully, eliminate any rigging.
We will be announcing the winner in the next episode of the Inner Party Podcast.

So let's see if I got this right.
So, both Ballard and petrucci went on Benheck and Teamliquid respectively and told people to vote for them. On TL, they got wrapped up in an archaic sense of honor, spammed benheck, and then rigged the voting by voting not because of the quality of the song but because the person who made it frequents TL and because of the aformentioned honor. So now both of your songs are very highly voted for.

Links:
petrucci (or should I say pwntrucci)'s blog asking for votes
Ballard (kyosho) doing the same
TL going crazy

Hey I just made a blog and I worded it very much like "i-feel-bad-and-if-a-couple-of-people-stepped-down-and-said-this-is-bad-stop-i-would-definetly-tell-GR-to-dq-my-entry." On teamliquid though they are obsessed with "winning the internets" and since I am a regular there they got pretty involved. They moved my blog to the general forum (the infamous teamliquid general forum I might add) while I was asleep and it got pretty hawt. I admit though even if I had been awake I don't think I would have made much an effort to stop them, since I was losing at the time and the winning entry was rigged anyways.

Anyways, whatever, /needless drama.

Yeah this got out of hand fast. For what it's worth, I'm sorry guys.

I don't suppose there's any way to keep people from voting who just registered today, is there? Just so we can keep outside influences from affecting it in general? I doubt it's possible. Ah well.

Edit: Reading TL's forum it seems people are having trouble registering. So maybe you turned it off for the duration of the poll. That's cool. Hah.

And petrucci, for what it's worth, I didn't say the stuff in this thread because I was losing. I've felt bad the entire time about this, even though it was a hell of a lot of fun for a little while. I especially felt bad for the Benheck forum guys during the invasion (which I know you had no part in). I asked them to just delete the thread but they haven't done it yet. And for the other contestants. Still makes me feel a bit sick, like when I was 5 and stole chapstick from a drugstore. Sounds stupid, but I felt really bad at the time. Haha.

Also, I do like your entry best. I didn't say it before, but I do. I was worried if I said it, people who read the forums would agree with me and vote for you. Haha. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the talking bits are a bit goofy, but the music is good, and honestly fits in a lot better with the rest of the music clips they play throughout their podcasts. If you win, more power to you.

i'm not one who cares too much, because you apologized for it and it's no big deal really....thanks for the honesty though.

Oh, and welcome to the boards here, never be shy to post something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133