What was the last series you watched?

Guernica

Rookie
In the style of this thread http://www.gamerevolution.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=16953 what was the last tv series you watched or are in the process of watching? Thought I'd make this thread since I've recently been watching alot more of these than movies.

I just finished season 2 of Sons of Anarchy on netflix... Show is amazing! I'm hooked. Only problem is Netflix only has through season 2 so far =(

Also started watching the new season of Dexter this past Sunday. I'm sure there are others here watching Dexter.

I'm thinking of starting X-files from the start again. It was so great the first time around and I hope there's some stuff I missed or episodes I forgot. I have all seasons on DVD ready to go!

Little interested in watching the new Prisoner, but I think they don't air it here so I would need to download it from somewhere and ehh.. when I feel like it.

When I remember or have time I watch House on TV. I just love Hugh Lauries character. I know the episodes repeat themselves over and over, but they're still entertaining as hell to watch.

I'm watching thru the entire series of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'm still in the middle of the first season though.

Dexter is the only show I'm thoroughly obsessed with.

My dogs name is Dexter.

Otherwise I watch SVU when it's on, Big Bang Theory, The Office, King of Queens, Desperate Housewives (girlfriend got me into it but I'm not ashamed to say I find it mildly enjoyable), the first episode of House this season was actually enjoyable so I might try to catch it now.

Other than that The Food Network is always on my TV. Unless the Leafs are playing.

Netflix: Season 4 of Mad Men, I'm really digging this show and sad that I have to switch gears to live viewing. I'm going to finish Samurai Champloo next and then watch Archer.

Live: Also, I've made the decision that The New Girl gets a top 15 priority on my DVR. And come next week, Psych starts again. And Community is entertaining as always. The Office is meh, but I watch it out of habit.

Couple weeks ago I finished The Wire. Greatest show ever on television? Yeah, pretty much. 5 stars, A+, etc. etc. If you haven't seen it yet, start it NOW! But if you watch one episode then come here to bitch about how boring it was, I will go to your house and punch you in the face. Watch the first five or six episodes, and if you haven't been sucked in enough to finish the rest of the series, bow out and forever hold your peace.

Marathoned the first two seasons of Breaking Bad this summer. By the end I was so stressed out and emotionally drained I didn't even want to know what would happen next. But it was so good! I was told that skipping out on the rest of the series would be folly, so I'm gonna give it some time and then resume.

Also finished season 1 of Walking Dead. I don't have cable, so if I can find someone with AMC who can host me Sunday nights, I will watch season 2. If not, I will have to wait for the DVD.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who watch one episode of Community and say it sucks, and those who watch more than one episode, and declare it their new favorite show. I am now in the second camp. Working my way though the first season, season 2 will immediately follow.

New shows? I'm with Bret, New Girl is a priority. Zooey's big beautiful eyes hypnotize me to keep on watching, even if the jokes are only so-so. And on Monday nights, I would rather watch Kat Denning's big beautiful something elses than those cheesy CGI dinosaurs on Terra Nova.

Constant reruns of The Office are going on in my house.... I'm probably on my 11th time going straight through. It's almost like white noise I'll just put it on.

That and we've picked up Curb Your Enthusiasm thanks to my girlfriend and Seinfeld thanks to me. They go pretty well together.

I think New Girl is surprising people with how well its done with a male audience. As stupid as it is, it is actually quite drawing, and they managed to sandwich in a life lesson or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see it catch 2 or 3 seasons, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see it get cancelled. I've caught the 3 episodes they have shown, will catch a few more before rendering a final decision.

Doctor Who rapped up the other week, twas my first season, rather enjoyed it actually. One Man Army, Sons of Guns are decent reality tv.

Terra Nova isn't half bad, I've enjoyed it. Modern Family, still going strong. Suburgatory, which leads into MF had a decent pilot, going to watch it again tonight.

But the reigning king is back in proper form. CSI. Ted Danson has been a god send for that show, they've done a good job of washing away that Fishburne smell. He's no William Petersen, but Danson is holding the fort down.

Rewatched season 1 of The Walking Dead, eagerly awaiting the second season.

I haven't watched New Girl yet but I'll eventually watch a few episodes, if for nothing else than to see some more Zooey =)

been hearing lots about the new girl i guess i'll check it out

and bretimus i feel ya on the live viewing. i didn't start watching dexter till season 5 was over. got all 4 seasons on blu ray and had to watch the 5th online since it wasnt out yet. so i never had to stop watching, almost every episode made me have to see the next.

now i have to watch it on a weekly basis. not easy.

GiftedMonkey said:
There are two types of people in this world: Those who watch one episode of Community and say it sucks, and those who watch more than one episode, and declare it their new favorite show. I am now in the second camp. Working my way though the first season, season 2 will immediately follow.

I watched the first 2 seasons of Community in about a week and a half a month or so ago...It's such a great show.

Other than that, not a whole lot. Watched the new episode of Dexter even though I hadn't seen any of them since season 1. New South Park episodes are coming up soon though, and I should probably check out New Girl due to my unwavering love for Zooey D.

Oh and of course old Scrubs episodes, probably my favorite show of all time. I would guess I've seen every episode up to season 8 at least 6 or 7 times.

Count me in as one of those guys who watch New Girl. There's already been a change in casting, but the show bounced back strong Tuesday night.

But Boardwalk Empire is the best series I've seen in a very long time. I think it's better than The Sopranos. The setting, the time are just wonderful for sunday night viewing.

New Girl has Zooey Deschanel; the coolest (and cutest) female actor today. I'd watch it.

BoardWalk Empire and The Walking Dead are coming up, it's going to be AWESOME!

Right now I'm trying to get through season 5 of Rescue Me. I'm trying to catch up to where the show is now but I don't think that's going to happen so I'm just taking my time with it. Also watching new season of The Office. I miss Carrel a lot, but the show's still pretty good.

My wife and I watched Walking Dead as it aired last year, and got less and less interested in it as it went along, eventually not even watching the final episode. It's still on my DVR so I'm sure we'll give it another chance before the new season.

WickedLiquid said:
New Girl has Zooey Deschanel; the coolest (and cutest) female actor today. I'd watch it.

i prefer both emma watson and emma stone :) and i havent even watched the harry potters!

Ohhh, Emma Stone Yes, Emma Watson no. Sorry but every time I see the cast of Harry Potter I automatically associate them as being kids. So whenever I see Watson she looks under age to me and the thought of finding her attractive in that way makes me a sick sick man haha

On TV... I don't know. I don't usually follow shows on TV. If it's on then it's on.

On Netflix... Babylon 5. I know, it's a pretty lame show at first but it starts picking up after the second season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo