What happened to the reset button?

I heard the old saying, 'you can't hit the reset button now' type thing after I did something stupid a couple nights ago, and for a while since then I've been wondering, what DID happen to the reset button? It used to be the easiest thing ever, just punch that and let it restart.

Thoughts?

lol...MYLF.

Anyway, the PS3 doesn't need a reset button, and the Wii has the "Reset Software" option.

I think it has a lot to do with the use of harddrives and autosaving. Reset at the wrong time and risk losing data.

At least we can shutdown from the controller now.

Consoles just aren't built like they used to be. I always take care when turning any of the latest consoles on/off, but back in the day I used to rapid-fire the reset button on my NES when I got frustrated with performance or gameplay. That never had any negative effects, but try that on a 360, Wii, or PS3 and you'll end up with an expensive paperweight.

I ripped the cartridges out of the SNES for like a week until I noticed the eject button.

LawnGnome said:
but try that on a 360, Wii, or PS3 and you'll end up with an expensive paperweight.
Ha!
My old 360 used to go through that all the time (and getting absolutely hammered by fists) for about 2 years before she died.
and she only died because the disc tray stopped working.. The actual console itself still played arcade games and demos beautifly.

used44 said:
I ripped the cartridges out of the SNES for like a week until I noticed the eject button.
slap.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133