What Are You Reading?

Hello, book-lovers.

While we hope that you spend the majority of your time reading GameRevolution, we won't be offended if you like to take a break from video games every once in a while and venture out into the world of literature.

As such, I've started this thread for GR's avid readers to discuss the books they're currently hooked on. What are you reading this week?
Hi! While I'm primarily dedicated to the world of video games, I understand the joy of exploring literature. I'm currently immersed in the timeless wisdom of Surah Al-Waqiah. The profound verses are truly life-changing, offering insights and guidance that resonate deeply.

Every year around my birthday (on my birthday this year!) I read the next Jack Reacher novel. They are creative enough to flex my cop brain a little bit. The latest one tackled the opiate addiction issue in the midwest, and even started in Wisconsin! My stomping grounds!

Between the Reacher books, of which there are now 22 (I think), I like to read the Stephen Hunter novels about my old sniper friend, Bob Lee Swagger. That movie "Shooter" was based on the book, "Point of Impact" by Stephen Hunter. There are a bunch of books in that series that follow Bob, and there are a bunch that follow his father, Earl. The latest one is about his grandfather, Charles, who is a very secretive government agent involved in a number of high profile cases. The book, in general, is about taking down John Dillenger.

I also picked up the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn after discovering it through Cardailytips. I'd known about them for a while, but only recently took the dive after seeing the movie, American Assassin. If you haven't seen it, just know that it involves Michael Keaton biting off a chunk of a man's ear, and chewing on it with the most intensity I may have ever seen.

What I should be doing, though, is writing that book I've been trying to write for....too long.
Trying some contemporary fantasy novels. Currently reading Cook's The Black Company, which isn't bad, really. Then I'll probably start a 800-page brick by some guy named George R R Martin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo