What Are You Reading?

Paul Tamburro

Executive Editor
Staff member
Hello, book-lovers.

While we hope that you spend the majority of your time reading GameRevolution, we won't be offended if you like to take a break from video games every once in a while and venture out into the world of literature.

As such, I've started this thread for GR's avid readers to discuss the books they're currently hooked on. What are you reading this week?

Currently reading through "Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" by George RR Martin. Takes place 100 years before Game of Thrones.
Story surrounds "Dunk" and "Egg"....Dunk a lowly hedge knight, and Egg his squire whom is revealed near the beginning to be a secret Targaryen (Aegon V I think!)

Quite a nice read, not as eventful as the main story so far. I think the whole book was 3 small novels, so it's kind of separated like arcs in an anime. I'm on the 3rd now, first 2 were great, and climaxed well!

Normally I am a very avid reader, but lately I just haven't been in the mood. Admittedly, nearly all of my books were in storage. Now that we've moved and have everything back, I think I'll pick up reading again in the near future as we slowly unpack everything. I think the last thing I read was an RPG book, Blades in the Dark, and that was months ago :/

I'm mostly reading books from Québec, so not sure if any of you guys would know them! I read a lot a comic books too if that ever counts as book (They do in my opinion!)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy arrived today. This'll be my first time reading it.

Aside from that, I've been reading Fire & Fury by Michael Wolff.

Every year around my birthday (on my birthday this year!) I read the next Jack Reacher novel. They are creative enough to flex my cop brain a little bit. The latest one tackled the opiate addiction issue in the midwest, and even started in Wisconsin! My stomping grounds!

Between the Reacher books, of which there are now 22 (I think), I like to read the Stephen Hunter novels about my old sniper friend, Bob Lee Swagger. That movie "Shooter" was based on the book, "Point of Impact" by Stephen Hunter. There are a bunch of books in that series that follow Bob, and there are a bunch that follow his father, Earl. The latest one is about his grandfather, Charles, who is a very secretive government agent involved in a number of high profile cases. The book, in general, is about taking down John Dillenger.

I also picked up the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. I'd known about them for a while, but only recently took the dive after seeing the movie, American Assassin. If you haven't seen it, just know that it involves Michael Keaton biting off a chunk of a man's ear, and chewing on it with the most intensity I may have ever seen.

What I should be doing, though, is writing that book I've been trying to write for....too long.

I bought that book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck" because I thought it would be helpful. One of my most annoying flaws is that I stupidly care too much about what others think of me. I thought the book might be helpful, but I am slowly starting to overcome this issue by myself.

I bought the book last December and I haven't read it yet. Goddammit.

I've been flipping through the Third Editions books. They're a French publisher that puts out in-depth books about a specific game. Unlike a lot of books on gaming they're more lore-centric than development-centric and are written from a partially in-universe standpoint that makes them very interesting and handy references.

Made my way through the first three Dark Tower books. They’re okay. I went in with really high expectations and the books have been a little underwhelming

Made my way through the first three Dark Tower books. They’re okay. I went in with really high expectations and the books have been a little underwhelming
The fourth one is probably the best one imo, and the last three you can chuck off a cliff and just pretend the series ended.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve had a lot of friends swear by them and I’ve read most of King’s horror catalogue. But I haven’t been feeling these.

I started to finally read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck". Reading books more often is a goal of mine, and I found last night, I read a hundred pages in what felt like a short amount of time.

It is actually a very interesting book with clever philosophies (in my opinion) and it really makes you think a bit differently about things. The book won't change my life, but I would like to read more meaningful, self-help books in an effort to improve myself... or at the very least, improve the way I think about some things.

From my understanding, the book so far seems to be about the author trying to tell us that the more we care about things, our lives will be harder and for the worse. He's not telling us to be careless/heartless, but to find the things we truly care about, the things that bring value to our lives, and focus on those. It also talks about how some people's self-worth and values differ from others, and how it's important to try and face negatives to find a positive. He also discusses how life is full of problems and rather than avoiding problems, we should solve said problems, because in his opinion, life is about problem solving.

It's interesting.

Last edited:
I learned a lot info about java and now working on my project. I do not like this subject so much so will want to do my java homework a lot. Plus the topic also difficult a bit and I am not so good student.

Last edited:
Hello, book-lovers.

While we hope that you spend the majority of your time reading GameRevolution, we won't be offended if you like to take a break from video games every once in a while and venture out into the world of literature.

As such, I've started this thread for GR's avid readers to discuss the books they're currently hooked on. What are you reading this week?

I used to be an avid book lover, but now I haven't read a book for a long time. I have recently regained the habit of reading. Can someone recommend a book that is worth choosing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod