Voice commands are awesome (EndWar)

Tylzen

Rookie
So I won EndWar limited edition (which is a package incl. an official headset for PS3).
And I was not suspecting that the voice commands that have been shown in demos would work all that good.
But it actually works a lot better than I ever expected.
Though for some unknown reason it's unable to understand when I say six.
But the rest of the times it understands perfectly every order I give it.
Like "unit one go to charlie" "wmd bravo" "calling all engineers upgrade lima air support".

It is immense, the game is okay, not great, nor is it any bad.
Probably fixed a lot in the patches.

Commanding your units around haven't been much faster than this.
I don't even need to see my units before I can order them.
Or if I need to deploy more gunships, I just press R2 and say: "deploy gunships" and voilí¡.

I can see this come in handy in many more games to come.

Anyone else got their hands on this little jewel?
GR gave it C+, I think it's a B.
It's a strategy game made for consoles, and there aren't tmany unit types, 8 or so.
But it's the strategy you need to focus on.

I would give it a solid C. Great concept but I just couldn't get into it, there was no story and it seemed like killing each other was just kind of luck of the draw.

I hope the next installment adds some more units and makes all the factions have different strengths and weakness's, rather than just different names.

letusprey said:
I would give it a solid C. Great concept but I just couldn't get into it, there was no story and it seemed like killing each other was just kind of luck of the draw.

I hope the next installment adds some more units and makes all the factions have different strengths and weakness's, rather than just different names.

There are some DLC out, haven't checked it out, but there are some new units.
And campaigns.
Well the story is what you create in the Theather-of-war, like a strategy turn based mmo.

But I am more amped about the voice commands, I would love to see that corporated into other games, fps, strategy games, whatever :).
Imagine like saying "Weapon 1" and it changes to weapon one. Anything : ) :D

yeah voice commands would be great in FPS. Just say the gun and have it, or reload and have it reload,

just have to hit the trigger button and move and jump.

letusprey said:
yeah voice commands would be great in FPS. Just say the gun and have it, or reload and have it reload,

just have to hit the trigger button and move and jump.

Or it could be used for ordering AI teammates in games about :)

Something like Rainbow Six Vegas, or Brothers in Arms with really really good voice commands would be awesome.

I agree I loved all the rainbow six games. Being able to set up a raid and then voice command when the teams all struck would be great.

used44 said:
Something like Rainbow Six Vegas, or Brothers in Arms with really really good voice commands would be awesome.

The cool part about these games are they are developed by Ubisoft, so they have the technology (Ubisoft is behind EndWar).

I was so surprised when I tried EndWar with the headset, it is so precise :D You should try the demo if you have a headset.
It is also coming for PC, in March as I recall.

It is also suppose to understand 50 english dialects, and it even understands mine! :p

They would need a "Go sit in a corner and let me do all the fucking killing !!!" voice command for squad based FPSs. Squaddie's AI have a habbit of going from one man army super-soldier mode to boxers in their heads batshit retarded mode at the drop of a hat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo