Toy Story 3 and Pixar in general

So most of us grew up with Toy Story back in 1995. It was a phenomenon back then, such a good movie that we got a sequel and a second sequel that has come out today.

Yeah, I will go to see it, because after Toy Story 2 I kind of get the feeling that the overall theme of losing innocence is going to be strong in this one.

And on that note, has Pixar ever made a bad movie before? Yeah there are one or two that I don't like too much, like Cars or Rattatouille, but they are still pretty damn good when compared to the sequels of Shrek or Ice Age every few years, which lost their luster after the second movie.

Hell, any studio that has made 5 of my top ten animated movies of all time has to get some credit for it.

Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie to date.

Cars and Up are the only ones I was torn on, but I still love Up.

Cars was terrible imo, and I didn't finish half of it. That's their only fail imo.. one of the great things about Pixar movies is the connection you make with cartoon characters.. Cars didn't have that.

Will definitely see Toy Story 3, but will probably wait for it to come out on blu ray. I own every Pixar movie, no point seeing it in Theatre and taking the girlfriend when I know I'll buy it when it's released.

roughly the order of favorite to least favorite..

Ratatouille
Toy Story
Wall-E
The Incredibles
A Bugs Life
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2
Up
Cars

I'm expecting Toy Story 3 to sit between Wall-E and The Incredibles

Gotta love Pixar, the studio that can (almost entirely) do no wrong. Even with their not-quite-up-to-snuff efforts, (A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, and Cars, which I didn't see, but come on, using celebrity voices to sell toys? C'mon, thats Dreamworks league) at least they are a joy to look at. WALL-E was my favorite, followed closely by Up.

kingg5 said:
I liked UP the begging was sad though

No way man, Kevin begging for chocolate was possibly the funniest part of that movie!

I saw it today and I thought it surpassed both of it's predecessors! It's amazing how Pixar can create such a strong emotional connection to little things like toys. My wife and I both felt like we needed to find our toys and apologize for growing up.

I don't think there is a Pixar movie I don't like.

Ratatouille is my favorite. I love all Pixar, but the one that made me want to cry like a pregnant woman in a random storm of emotion was Ratatouille.

kingg5 said:
I liked UP the begging was sad though

The beginning was really sad.

The crazy thing about UP was that when I was around the same age as the kid, my late Grandfather and I (may he RIP) went on an adventure with my dog (who would do the exact same thing if it saw a squirrel). AND I had an imaginary friend named Kevin who came with us.

Of course, our adventure wasn't floating to a forbidden land in a house with a zillion balloons. It was just through the woods and lakes on a camping trip. But still, the whole time I was watching the movie I kept thinking if that kid was white instead of Asian then these people stole my childhood and turned it into their own movie! LOL

I'm still waiting for another Incredibles movie, there is so much potential for a sequel it's unbearable.

I loved WALL-E and, like ITR, i'll wait until Toy Story 3 is on blu-ray to enjoy my superior picture and sound quality over my local cinemas.

Pixar SUCKS! Dreamworks is better!

Piiiixar sucks! It really really sucks! PIIIIIIXAR sucks, it really really sucks!

I like Toy Story though.

MattAY said:
Pixar SUCKS! Dreamworks is better!

Piiiixar sucks! It really really sucks! PIIIIIIXAR sucks, it really really sucks!

I like Toy Story though.
difference-pixar-dreamworks.jpg

Bonus!
pixar.jpg

dreamworks is terrible ;(

though i do want to see how to train your dragon.

they have an occasional hit.

oh and good to see you have great taste FCM! Ratatouille is my comfort movie. When i'm sad i watch it. I also love to cook, and watch nothing but Food Network so that aids in my love for that movie.

madster111 said:
I loved WALL-E and, like ITR, i'll wait until Toy Story 3 is on blu-ray to enjoy my superior picture and sound quality over my local cinemas.

indeed, i always wait for blu rays because i enjoy watching it on my setup over the theatre.. what speakers/screen do you have that trumps a theatre?

and miak, the only confirmed sequels are cars 2 and monsters inc 2... the incredibles 2 would be much better imo

I thought cars was pretty bad actually.. the story line just didnt get to me.

Toy Story 3 was awesome though, i saw it today and it was a perfect balance of sinister characters, moral upbrining, slap stick jokes and all in all, an excellent classic that kids would be watching in 10 years time again.

intoTheRain said:
indeed, i always wait for blu rays because i enjoy watching it on my setup over the theatre.. what speakers/screen do you have that trumps a theatre?
55" Hitachi 1080p plasma, 7.2 surround sound system (Sony/custom speakers through Yamaha amp) with my own custom subs (Read: Is dangerous to windows if not careful). I've recently needed to put some foam with some tape on my windows to stop them rattling too much.

The plasma is just as big as any projector from where i sit, while looking MUCH better and sounds like grenades going off hurt your ass when i have one of the subs next to the lounge.

The WALL-E scene where EVE lands in the ship caused a picture downstairs to fall off and break.

Toy Story was the first movie I went to see in theaters, before I was three. I saw it twice. I loved it, and so it hits a nice little spot in me. So Im really looking forward to seeing this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex