Too Many Cooks

WickedLiquid

Regular
You guys have all probably seen it but nobody is talking about it.

There is a lot of weird shit out there on the internet but we sometimes forget that it's not just Japan or the increasingly bizarre rule 34 of the internet. Adult Swim also provides a healthy dose of WTF moments.

If for whatever reason you haven't seen it here is the link. Just be warned it is NSFW.
http://youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8

Now that you've been scarred you'll be happy to know I had the misfortune of watching this in my bed seconds before falling asleep. And it no doubt was the cause of my intense and screwed up dreams I ended up having. If you actually watch it a second time because you want to figure out WTF you just saw it actually becomes more creepy as you spot things you would not have noticed the first time.

The thing is I knew it was something weird and creepy but that's what drew me to it. Why are we so morbidly curious? Luckily there's a Vsauce for that:
http://youtu.be/ZbdMMI6ty0o

So what did you think of Too Many Cooks? And what other Adult Swim programing has severely messed you up. Or just black comedy in general. For me it would have to be the show Moral Orel.

Another site I frequent posted this a few weeks ago. I almost stopped watching a couple of minutes in, but it hooked me.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Oh. I watched it. But...I didn't get it. I'm going to combine this with Ting's Zelda videos.

It's a satire of 80's and 90's tv opening. They reference nearly everything starting with sitcoms like Full House, Rosanne, Home Improvement, The Cosby Show, Family Ties, ALF etc.etc. Then when the joke has been beaten like a dead horse it starts spoofing old cop shows like T.J. Hooker and Magnum P.I., then cartoon shows like G.I. Joe. Then... Well then things start to get messed up.

It gets stuck on some repetitive loop and when it is able to get itself out by spoofing Dallas there is a killer slaugutering everyone. It moves on to teen shows about college and the killer is getting more graphic. One girl is able to break through the fourth wall and escape only to have her name give away her hiding spot and become another victim.

Maybe the killer represents the people who hated all these cheesy intros? The hell if i know. We get some failed attempts at the characters transofrming into superheroes to stop him and by the time we get to the law and order parody he now has complete control.

That is until the ALF cat stops him and we get back on track with the parodies. This time it's sci-fi shows like Battlestar Gallactica. Except the killer isn't really dead...

Then we see the father in a hospital bed and we're given the impression that this title everyone has is like some sort of disease. The doctor soon gets hooked on the catchy music and becomes a smiling zombie buffoon.

Seinfield music transitions us to... WTF... Am i still trying to explain this? Anyway things get weirder and we're now in some Twin Peaks parody where the titles are people and the people are titles. The Smarf cat who appears to have suffered revenge from the killer pushes a button just as he dies. It appears to reset everything and everyone is alive and well in a Brady Bunch parody.

With everyone safe the father finaly gets the family picture right and the show can begin.

WickedLiquid said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Oh. I watched it. But...I didn't get it. I'm going to combine this with Ting's Zelda videos.

It's a satire of 80's and 90's tv opening. They reference nearly everything starting with sitcoms like Full House, Rosanne, Home Improvement, The Cosby Show, Family Ties, ALF etc.etc. Then when the joke has been beaten like a dead horse it starts spoofing old cop shows like T.J. Hooker and Magnum P.I., then cartoon shows like G.I. Joe. Then... Well then things start to get messed up.

It gets stuck on some repetitive loop and when it is able to get itself out by spoofing Dallas there is a killer slaugutering everyone. It moves on to teen shows about college and the killer is getting more graphic. One girl is able to break through the fourth wall and escape only to have her name give away her hiding spot and become another victim.

Maybe the killer represents the people who hated all these cheesy intros? The hell if i know. We get some failed attempts at the characters transofrming into superheroes to stop him and by the time we get to the law and order parody he now has complete control.

That is until the ALF cat stops him and we get back on track with the parodies. This time it's sci-fi shows like Battlestar Gallactica. Except the killer isn't really dead...

Then we see the father in a hospital bed and we're given the impression that this title everyone has is like some sort of disease. The doctor soon gets hooked on the catchy music and becomes a smiling zombie buffoon.

Seinfield music transitions us to... WTF... Am i still trying to explain this? Anyway things get weirder and we're now in some Twin Peaks parody where the titles are people and the people are titles. The Smarf cat who appears to have suffered revenge from the killer pushes a button just as he dies. It appears to reset everything and everyone is alive and well in a Brady Bunch parody.

With everyone safe the father finaly gets the family picture right and the show can begin.

NOW I get it! And now that I get it I decide I hate this. The internet tries too hard; this is no longer my [scroll][glow=neonred]JAM[/glow][/scroll]. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ugh, that is the Christmas gift that keeps giving. I want you to know that you made Wicked's thread ten times better.

Memories if all the karaokes that were posted awhile back...

Bretimus_v2 said:
ProJaredBecause_zpsxulc7lak.gif

I've had this damn song stuck in my head since this topic was created. I'm expecting my name to start glowing in front of me any moment now. Finally gave in and rewatched it last night.

And I loved Ugh's karaoke session, especially the finale.

You know...that's a lot of cooks in that video.

Has adult swim transitioned fully to live action at this point? Last time I watched it there were a lot of live action parody shows and one or two cartoons, with Aqua Team of course still running.

Also, points for the hobo murderer in the background. Nice touch overall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo