The worst endings EVER (possible spoilers)

WickedLiquid

Regular
I can't remember if this was ever discussed, it probably was long ago, but regardless what video game had a terrible ending? Mark your spoilers!

For me it was God of War 3.
---> I actually disliked the whole story because it turned Kratos into a giant douche. Sure he wasn't exactly Mr. Nice Guy in the first game but at least there were some sympathetic/redeeming moments.

Then after he kills every God he just kills himself? Seriously? Did we not take anything away from how the first game ended? Fucking lame.
<---

NB4 Mass Effect 3

Super Mario Bros. Seriously, what the heck is this? You know how many castles I went through to find you, princess? And when I finally do, you just tell me to do it all again?

Just have to say that I'm still angry about how LA Noire ended. It had great build up, but then the whole thing just shatters as the golden boy image falls apart. I just...I just don't think they were quite sure what they were going to finish with or something. But seriously there was some good lead up that they just crapped on towards the end.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Just have to say that I'm still angry about how LA Noire ended. It had great build up, but then the whole thing just shatters as the golden boy image falls apart. I just...I just don't think they were quite sure what they were going to finish with or something. But seriously there was some good lead up that they just crapped on towards the end.
Basically Team Bondi had no fucking clue what they were doing, despite the somewhat promising concept and the early story that's actually pretty good. Then Rockstar comes in and gets the to at least fucking finish the game, leaving... that.

Worst ending ever? HL2 Episode 2.

NB4 Mass...
De-Ting said:
NB4 Mass Effect 3
ooh... ok...

I'll say the first zelda game. I spend so many hours into the games just for a text screen and link with zelda holding the triforce... It was one of my first disappointment in video game.

Though to Zelda's defense, i was playing that game during the last years of the NES, after i had my share of games with cooler endings.

Knights of the Old Republic 2

Everything besides the very beginning and the very end of the game is fantastic. It's better if you have the add on patch for all the stuff that was supposed to happen, but the vanilla game just has a rushed, anticlimactic ending.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

It turns into a zombie game, and then you follow up with a 60 second video of Jensen outlining his reasoning for pressing a button? Terrible.

Ni No Kuni

After all that greatness the ending was pretty much "you beat the last boss, the end".

What happened to my friends and their world? What happened to me in the future? Give me something dammit. A bit longer cutscene at the end wouldn't have hurt either.

I agree about LA Noire. The Homicide cases were so awesome. I was excited that it continued and the game didn't stop there, but by the end of it all I wish it had.

WickedLiquid said:
I agree about LA Noire. The Homicide cases were so awesome. I was excited that it continued and the game didn't stop there, but by the end of it all I wish it had.
It wouldn't have been so bad if the desks that came after Homicide came before. Homicide was the big bang. Even if the game had ended on "WE CAN'T TURN HIM IN HE'S THE MAYOR'S SON" it would have been OK.

tumblr_md186o2XGm1qmfopc.png

SPOILER AHEAD!!

To be honest I hated the Final Fantasy X ending. The whole "you're a dream" thing didn't sit too well with me. And it just got all weird. When stories go "out of reality" like that, it annoys me. Final Boss fights in someone's subconscious - shit like that. HATE IT!
But that may be because the rest of the game was utterly superb, that in contrast the ending sucked. A great and simple story about basic political issues and a bit of Ronso Hornless bullying.

Also, Crash Bandicoot 3...because it shouldn't have ended.

Well, the whole game was pretty gash. But I see what you're saying.

Just the first FFX seems like a worse ending to me since the rest of the story was so immersive.

Yes the ending to FFX depressed me a lot. Depressing endings usually piss me off but then after awhile I "get it". So looking back I thought it was a good ending.

Never played FFX2, I just didn't have the balls to buy that game for fear of the cashier looking at me like I was gay. I mean, come on, it's a chick game.

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot and being made completely fun of...I didn't really get the MGS2 ending. I may have to play it again since it's been years but yeah...Shit didn't make sense to me.

Solidus was right.

Though in terms of MGS, MGS4's amazing ending would've been better without all of Big Boss's speech. I mean, I loved that he showed up at the end, but still, the ZERO BACK TO ONE BACK TO ZERO part was... dumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133