The 4th Annual GR Showdown ~Round One~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time wins 12-10. And therefore claims it's first championship in GR Showdown history. After year after year of choking, then a year of not even getting the chance to choke, it finally has it's championship.

In 2nd place, is Final Fantasy VII, which goes along with it's one championship in 2004 and it's 3rd place finish in 2005.

3rd place is Metal Gear Solid, which will look good on the mantlepiece with it's championship in 2005, 4th place finish in 2004 and 5th place finish in 2003.

4th place is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, it's first high ranking finish ever.

5th place depends on the logic used, but a majority of the systems of logic used point toward Silent Hill grabbing it, which will join it's 5th place finish 2005 in GR lore.

Thank you to the GR community for voting and allowing me to run this for another year and thank you to link56 for running it when I could not. And I suppose, that will be that, until next year. Beware for major changes in the showdown system, involving much more involvement and an entirely new format. The beginning of the changes should begin sometime this summer, when I start my new project, so keep your eyes open.

And, that will be that. This topic should be closed and archived in a week, so enjoy discussing the results until then!

And of course, congrats to LinksOcarina for winning the picking pool with 143 points.

good showdown joker. perhaps, after each one, the previous winners of years past and the current champ should be thrown into a mini showdown of thier own, all at the same time. such an action should declare an undisputed champion of all games. IMO of course.

I'm not really surprised that Ocarina of Time won. That game is regarded as "The best game of all time" by many people. While I do like the game I disagree with it being "The best game ever".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle