Sleeping Dogs |OT|

Went to trade some games in and because every other game on the shelves looked like ass, I left with Sleeping Dogs.

I like it so far. I just wish you could use more of the environment in the fights, like chairs and other improvised weaponry. It would bring more of that asian cinema feel the game already has. Really solid game otherwise.

Just finished it a few minutes ago. I agree with its score of 4/5 GR stars. I dont watch many hong kong action films so the storyline seemed good to me but im told its fairly generic by movie terms.

Game's pretty decent. PC version is a shitty console port, though, so it's glitchy and about as optimized as the original crysis. Controls are awkward enough that i found using the 360 controller to be better, even with the shooting.

Also, the driving sections are just not very good.

Haha. Yeah. I order a pork bun whenever I see the cart.

It took a few hours but this game really got its hooks into me last night. The steady progression of abilities opens up more and more varied ways to play.

Also, nobody acknowledged my "Wei fun" joke and now I'm sad.

Beat it today....trying to decide if I want to keep going with all the races and stuff or just return it.

Yeah i started off pretty 'meh' about it but it's pretty fun. Once you start unlocking more ways to remove people teeth with your fists/feet it gets a bit more fun.
The driving is still annoying but it's not too bad. The in-game radios are pretty crap, though.

Because i'm a massive pussy, i got a map of the first area and quickly grabbed 10 health shrine things to get a 20% bonus which has made things more fun. Don't have to worry about surviving as much anymore, so i find myself doing the flashy moves.

Dropped $70k on a Lexus only to have the next 2 missions require me to use the absolutely shithouse standard bike, which was very annoying. Especially the chick - as if i'd make her get on the back of that heap of crap when i had a pearl while lexus on 24s sitting right there.
The just cause 2 outfit is very useful.

Another thing i'm not sure console players would notice: It's very, very pretty. Everything is so shiny, and the water effects are awesome. My PC barely manages to run it at full graphics, and when it does my heat warning goes off. Game makes my PC stress more than BF3, which is why i was complaining about optimization before. Figured out my resolutions were a bit off though, so that's made it good.

Really, really wish you could keep melee weapons on your person for future use. The tire iron is insanely effective and i hate having to ditch it all the time.

I just bought this a few days ago, and recently beat it. Good game, I enjoyed the storyline though its kinda generic. I thought Jackie was an awesome character, even Winston in his own way.

Has everybody unlocked the final karaoke song? Wei hitting the high notes in 'Take On Me' is the best.

Just finished it. It was a good game for a playthrough, but I'm not sure if I want to return to it now that it's done.

669183A9-6161-4979-A3A4-3A63B0C36E07-7315-0000079DF4DD66EB.jpg

Great game, I thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo