Silent Hill 1 or Resident Evil 1?

Original Silent Hill or Original Resident Evil?

• Silent Hill 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Havenscope

Rookie
Now, I was planning on putting this in General Discussion, but I decided to compare the oldest of these two game series. Which do you find more fun? Now, I have always, in general, been a massive Silent Hill fan. But this pretty much only because of Silent Hill 2. Silent Hill 1: Pretty good, but meh.
Silent Hill 2: *Puts on Altar and Bows.*
Silent Hill 3: Let's watch a whinny bitch bitch about having to bend down!
Silent Hill 4: "What the Hell?" (inside joke)
Silent Hill: Origins: No Idea. I don't want a PSP.

So, of course, out of Silent Hill 1 and Resident Evil 1, I'm choosing Resident Evil 1. Why? SH 2 is all I really vouch for in the series.

Silent Hill has always had the stronger plot of the two series. Resident Evil has always been a cheesy B movie romp with Zombies, whether intentional or not I can't really tell. Silent Hill just scared the crap out of me, which is something R.E. never managed to do.

I will admit this is true, but Silent Hill 1 was a lot of walking around, rather than actual scares. Silent Hill 2 much exceeds the horror of Silent Hill 1, while Resident Evil 1 just seems more fun than Silent Hill 1. I'm still a bigger fan of the Silent Hill series, but I still have to vote Resident Evil here.

Resident Evil hands down. Silent Hill had a more promising design, it was not as 'b movie' as somebody said about resident evil. But resi was just pure fun. Silent Hill was scary, but dull at times also.

Havenscope said:
Silent Hill 1 was a lot of walking around, rather than actual scares.

My thought exactly. Silent Hill 1 had better visuals, characters, camera, atmosphere, etc. I always ended up getting bored from running back and forth across the city. Resident Evil had it's share of backtracking, but it rarely got to the excessive point of Silent Hill. Silent Hill was a great game. Resident Evil just held my interest more.

Now Silent Hill 2 vs Resident Evil 2 is another story altogether.

Have to go with SH, because the entire Resident Evil series was trash, and only scary for chronic bed-wetters who cling to their mothers in public. That's right, I said it.

But seriously, Silent Hill was just so much more scarier, I'm thinking these poor folks who are voting for RE are in fact not playing Survival Horror games for the horror aspect, just for the action. Resident Evil takes cheap shots at attempting horror, Silent Hill actually achieves horror, pure and simple.

The first Re for playstation always gives me a good laugh when I hear some of the voice acting. I like the silent hill series more, but im going to go with RE1.

I like the SH series for a good freakout, but RE has always been my favourite of the two. The cheesy, solid gold voice acting and poorly written plots riddled with holes larger than Ainsley Harriot's gob are just too funny to pass up. Plus if you're playing just 1 - 3 the story's not so bad.

If we're talking action, then RE 1.

If we're talking horror then SH takes the cake.

And since they're both survival horror titles, I'll vote SH.

Here is how I see it....

#1 Silent Hill 2
#2 Silent Hill
#3 Resident Evil 4
#4 Resident Evil REmake
#5 Silent Hill 3
#6 Resident evil 2
#7 Resident Evil Code Veronica
#8 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
#9 Silent Hill 4: The Room
#10 Resident Evil

I haven't played Origins and I don't feel like ranking the 50 other side quest RE games. If there was no REmake, I'd rank the original RE game higher on the list.

Even though it's the same genre comparing the two is like apples and oranges. If you're into slasher horror then it's RE for you. If you want psychological horror then SH is up your alley, I prefer the later.

Most people didn't like SH when it came out for the very reason I enjoyed it: It was too vague. The worst ending and the best ending (there are 5 altogether) require theories as they aren't explained, but the rest of the game has answers to it's questions. You just need to know where to look.

And like Wes said, it comes down to preference. Would you prefer to watch Jacob's Ladder or Dawn of the Dead? They're both horror movies but are completely different.

Most people didn't like SH when it came out for the very reason I enjoyed it: It was too vague. The worst ending and the best ending (there are 5 altogether) require theories as they aren't explained, but the rest of the game has answers to it's questions. You just need to know where to look.

And like Wes said, it comes down to preference. Would you prefer to watch Jacob's Ladder or Dawn of the Dead? They're both horror movies but are completely different.

what he said. besides, the fragility of a little girl in a creepy town alone beats a special squad of soldiers equipped with everything including the kitchen sink but always get eaten or overrun at every corner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle