Sega

FrozenBacon

Veteran
Everyone I know in real life shuns Sega as a console maker. Most of the people I know are from the playstation generation, though, when the line between western and eastern gaming starting to become clearly defined. Those kids don't know the wonders of Ecco on the Genesis or Virtua Fighter on the saturn. They don't know about the extreme stacking of the sega cd, gameshark, 32x, sonic and knuckles, and sonic 2. What is even worse, they completely ignored all the awesome that was the dreamcast. Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, chu chu rocket, Shenmue, the list goes on. The Dreamcast had so many original games. It makes me wonder what the gaming industry would be like if Sega continued making game consoles and the Dreamcast 2 was out. It would at least provide refuge for peopl like me who are tired of playing fps after fps. It makes me sad that so many people missed out on some great Sega games.

I didn't really make this topic with any discussion in mind, I just felt like talking about how awesome Sega was. If you liked Sega as well, pull up a seat and we can talk about the awesome games of old and live in nostalgia-land for a little while.

Hmm... Ohhh the wonders of the Sega Genesis... I looooved the Jurassic Park game where you could be the Raptor, even though I was too young to be good at it.
There was countless hours spent playing Sunset Riders and Power Rangers.
Mega Man X4 on the Sega CD system.
Never forget the cartridge stacking that was putting Sonic and Knuckles in the slot first, then putting Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or 3 into the top of that.
How just, weird Sonic 3D was...
Such a good system.

Don't worry, Bacon. In a short amount of time the wonders of the Dreamcast will be coming to the Xbox Live Arcade and PSN. Now we can all love the little system that sound have been.

Hlallu said:
Hmm... Ohhh the wonders of the Sega Genesis... I looooved the Jurassic Park game where you could be the Raptor, even though I was too young to be good at it.
There was countless hours spent playing Sunset Riders and Power Rangers.
Mega Man X4 on the Sega CD system.
Never forget the cartridge stacking that was putting Sonic and Knuckles in the slot first, then putting Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or 3 into the top of that.
How just, weird Sonic 3D was...
Such a good system.
Those are the titles I grew up on nowadays its all about pretty graphics, but back was when gaming meant something

I got a NES for my 5th bday and before I really knew anything bout gaming consoles my parents used to rent me a Sega on the weekends. So, naturally I wanted a Sega. Loved the thing to death, and played so many good games.

Then we got a PSone and dreamcast never interested me. I'm 26, and back then it was more of our PARENTS doing the purchasing of consoles .. so we never really had the choice to choose what console we got.

Sega Genesis will always have a place in my heart. lol.

^Same. My Sega memories and love end with the Genesis (and Gamegear, kinda). I only played a friend's Dreamcast sparingly, so never got to fall in love with it. It's a shame that the Dreamcast is everybody's final memory of a Sega console, and some stuck-up gamers think it's the gamer litmus test of how serious a Sega fan you are. Just because I never fell in love with this short-lived console, doesn't make those nights spent up playing Aladdin somehow disappear.

I never kicked it with Sega too much. I did have a GameGear and later a DC, but I waited out for a SNES during the 16-bit era and let the other guy get the Genesis (my cousin).
But I went to his house nearly every day so it was practically mine as well.

Tons of hours playing all kinds of greats. Road Rash II, Joe Montana Football, 2 Crude Dudes (which isn't really so great, but it is memorable), Mortal Kombat, Golden Axe...Yeah, Nintendo's little brother did alright for himself.

I even knew a guy with the Sega Master System. Safari Hunt destroys Duck Hunt in every way. (well, xcept dog)

more sega? I have a cd of Genesis titles (complete) for my DC. Emulation, babeh. It makes me feel cool, but Used wouldn't know a thing about that.

I never had too many games for Genesis. It was mostly just Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic. I loved my GameGear, but it always had problems. ...And it seemed really heavy. :p

I also have kind of weird memories of Genesis, because that's what my dentist's office had. I played a lot of Sonic with a broken C or B button (oh yeah, -that- was fun...), and Aladdin. Oh god I loved playing Aladdin. I have no idea if they still have it, but I really hope they do. I strongly feel that kids need that kind of thing, before/after they go in to have their teeth cleaned.

Edit: Sorry, I mean to say: I never really knew anyone with a Dreamcast, so that was just not in my realm of video games. My parents never had any interest in it, and my bros didn't seem interested either. So there went that. =\

My neighbor had a Genesis and that was the only reason I was friends with him. Yes, Bretimus, age 8, was a giant user douchebag. But one game made the system for me. Moonwalker.
1245720827-moonwalker.jpg

I remember pulling all nighters with X-men 2 clone wars with a friend, thinking something was wrong with my genesis due to the fact that you play a preliminary stage before you get to the title screen.

I remember playing Joe Montana just to purposely make the commentator cry "It's 2nd down and I can't believe it!".

I remember watching my cousin get frustrated on the Sonic & Knuckles Death Egg zone because he would get stuck in the vacuum for 3 minutes......

I remember being a prodigy at Vectorman and absolutely SUCKING at Vectorman 2....ahhh good times.

a yes im 23 now and i can still remember the xmas i got my genesis, my first home console that came with sonic 1, such great times!

and dont feel bad about being terrible at Vectorman 2, its fucking impossible to this day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle