Post your age(and gaming history).

De-Ting said:
I'm 17. I don't remember how old I was when I started to play each of the consoles, but here's the order in which I've experienced them, starting from when I was 2.

NES - owned
SNES - owned
Game Boy - owned
Genesis - borrowed
N64 - borrowed
Game Boy Color - owned
PSX - owned
PSone - owned
PS2 - owned
GBA SP - owned
GameCube - owned
N64 - owned
PSP - owned
PS3 - own3d
Wii - owned
DS - owned
Xbox 360 - owned

Yup. I never played an original Xbox, Saturn, or Dreamcast.

You're pretty hardcore for your age. I salute you, sir.

15 Turning 16 this year.

First system was an N64.
I was awesome at Goldeneye.

Now i'm the best sniper on earth in CoD5.

im 22. my first introduction to the wonderful world of gaming was with the NES, but i didn't really hit my stride until the SNES. to me, the SNES days were the glory days, with the playstation and N64 era following a VERY close second, in terms of quality, but that might just be rosy retrospection there.

systems i previously owned:
Atari
Playstation
Playstation2
Nintendo 64
Gameboy (the big fat one with the green screen)

systems i currently own:
NES
SNES
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox360
Wii
Nintendo DS
Gamecube
Wii

I am 17, almost 18, I have been playing games my whole life. The first console I ever played was the Atari 2600 at my grandmothers house. One of the joysticks wouldn't go left, but it worked. I was probably 4 or 5 when I started playing, and I was ok at it. The best game was the spiderman one where you had to climb the building, which prompted my older cousin to give it to me for my birthday last year. Then I got a Playstation when I was 6, and that started it all. I wasn't as good as everyone around me, but I got better. Me and my little cousin would always play the single player games like Crash Bandicoot or Gex and trade off after each life. I never owned a 64, but I knew many people who did, so I still got to play all the 64 games.

When my family got a PC, me and my sisters would gather around it and play MYST with my mom. It was way too hard for us, but we tried to help. It was still really cool.

I got a PS2 shortly after it had come out. It was much more logical to get than an Xbox or GameCube since I had PS1 games. A few years after, I got a Gamecube and not that many games for it. Really I have only bout one GC game my whole life, and I only ever got 6 games for it. I really didn't know a whole lot about the gaming culture until after this, and I really couldn't play M games until I was 13, so the Xbox had little appeal to me. When I was 11 or so, I was introduced into RPG games with Kingdom Hearts. I loved it, and because of it went on to play Final Fantasys 8 and 10 initially, with 7 and 12 coming later. I own a copy of 9, but have yet to play it.

My first M game was GTA: San Andreas, which I was so happy when I got it. My dad was really hesitant to let me get it (rent it technically, but I payed the 15 bucks a month so I wouldn't have to return it at any due date. I had it rented for 2 months before I decided to take it back. Afterward, a whole new door was opened for me. I played games like Metal Gear Solid 3 that I did not care/know much about before that became favorites.

Well, come this generation of gaming I decided that since I was raised by Sony to get the next console. I still wasn't all into gaming culture at this time, so I didn't know all about it. I had my mom go wait at gamestop to see if she could get a preorder, but she could not. So for christmas I asked for a PS3 or a Wii, and expected to get a Wii. I got a PS3, which was my prefered choice. Then for my birthday, I decided that I wanted a 360 as well and that I didn't really want a Wii. Little did I know that my parents had already gotten me a Wii and took my words a little too seriously, and they sold it to one of their friends.

Now those are just the main consoles. In my life I've owned:
PSX
PSone (the little one with the screen)
PS2
PS3
GameCube
GameBoy
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance SP
DS
Wii

and played a lot of
Xbox
N64

Diabolus said:
You're pretty hardcore for your age. I salute you, sir.
Yeah, 'twas almost destiny since my...third memory ever is playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES. My forth is playing Sonic Pinball.

WTF? I know more people are here. Don't be shy, there's enough nerdiness to go around.

If you're that insecure, you shouldn't be on this site to begin with.

23. got my first console when i was 3-4ish. The Nintendo Entertainment System. wasnt very good at it at the time. beloved games at the time were Duck Hunt and Bubble Bobble. fun.

Consoles I've owned and what happed to them:

NES - sold for snes
GB - some how it broke
SNES - sold to pawn shop
VB - still have it till this day
GBC - got it somewhere in my closet
N64 - donated to some poor kid
NGC - donated to poor kids
NDS - still got it!
DSlite - still got it too
X360 - playing it right now!
Wii - me hearts niny

At first i thought i was a nintendo fan boy, but really i've just been anti sony my whole life :)

and since this is gaming related maybe it should be on the gaming board. no?

Sounds said:
and since this is gaming related maybe it should be on the gaming board. no?

Perhaps. But since we're discussing our age and gaming history, it equally falls into 'Misc' in my opinion. Regardless, I find the responses to be more engaging than most of the fodder that graces these forums. Keep it up! We all share a kindred relationship, despite the differences in race, religion, sexuality. We are brothers, with a common cause.

I am 17 years old (sadly but true)

I started out playing the atari 2600 when i was 2 1/2 years old. Then worked my way up to the Nintendo Entertainment system(NES of course) That was when i was 3 years old and was able to beat mario, since then my mom and i knew i would love the video game industry. So we're trying to buy all the new systems out. After the NES came the Super NES, Then my gameboy pocket, then my gameboy color, then my Nintendo 64, then my gameboy advance, then my playstation, then playstation 2, then my xbox, then my gameboy advance sp,then my nintendo gamecube, then my Nintendo DS, then our Xbox 360, then my PlayStation Portable. and now i'm trying buy a Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii.

I found out that there was a way to softmod my Xbox Original(The big black bulky system) a couple years ago. That allowed to play games from from Sega Master System. Lynx, Neogeo pocket. etc.

So as i continue to become a young adult i hope to keep buying video games and console.

17 now. 18 in august. Started gaming with my friends NES at the age of 7-8. (Oh god we were behind of times) then he got a N64 and we played that.
My family owned an ancient Dos-system that I didn't know how to use and the only game for it were Jetpack.

Gameboy and Pokemon at some part. Also a pc upgrade happened.

About the age of 10 I got SNES (again behind the times). Then I bought Xbox, pc upgrade, DS and recently Ps3.

Me? 17 years old and this is what I own and have played.

Own:

NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS

Have played:

Atari 2600
Dreamcast
Sega Genesis
Saturn

Suffice to say, I didn't eat that many sweets with my pocket money or went to the movies but I worked like hell in the summer. :p

25 Years old.

My first experience was with the PC my uncle bought in a time when they were too expensive for the masses. Prior to that I've only played Game & Watch games.
My parents bought an Atari 2600 when the machine was dumped on the market following the Video Game crash in the '80's. The only cartridge we owned was a 32-in-1 game. Some games were fun (bowling, boxing, UFO game), the majority was pure crap.

I got the Gameboy as a present for my birthday at the tender age of 8, Tetris I liked but Mario Land I loved. The first gaming title I ever bought with my own money was Home Alone. Games were hard to come by on my allowance, so I was destined to scour the discount bins, so I only have a few worthwhile titles on the handheld.

A few years later, when the SNES was fresh on the market, I got a NES for my birthday. I picked the machine over the new one because more friends of mine owned a NES, and there were a lot of good titles for it. This was the first time I was introduced to a harsh reality in the Videogaming industry: consoles can become obsolete. The availability of games for the NES became less and less.

The following birthday I wanted a MegaDrive. A few months before our family went to a resort and there was a MegaDrive guests could play with and for the whole week we were there I played Sonic and Donald Duck Quack Attack, the MegaDrive stole my heart. This machine still has got a special place in my heart.

Around this time a 'PC- project' was designed at my fathers' job, where workers could buy a PC through their employer at a reduced price. I remember my dad came home with the machine and showed me a copy of Sim City -a game which I frequently played when I was at my uncle's place-. Included on this CD-rom version were real-life movies which were triggered at certain situations in-game, I was amazed!

The SNES was a present of my sister's boyfriend. I guess he wanted to impress me and gave me his console, including a scope and a few titles. During this time the SNES was in decline (sensing a pattern here!), but in the following years I dug up some old titles in a second-hand game store. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is my most cherised title on this console, I bought it more than 11 years after its initial release and it was in perfect condition. Cost me 100 Euros (normal retail price for a game these days is 50 to 65 euros), but ALttP is worth it!

Gameboy Color followed, though I haven't bought any Color titles for the handheld, apart from Pokemon Yellow.

Next up were 2 PC's, one was a computer my my dad gave me when he bought a new one, the other I bought with my own hard earned cash.

The Xbox 360 I bought after its initial release, and is by far the most used console I got. It has been returned three times for repairs and still I love the machine.

My latest handheld is the Nintendo DS Light. My girlfriend and his brother had one, so I bought one as well so we could play Mario Kart DS against each other. The DS has mysteriously disappeared since I bought Brain Trainer for my mother...
The backwards compatibility is a thing I love, I bought some Advance titles for it in the past few years. The funny thing is, they are titles which I already own: Mario World and A Link to the Past. Ah well, can't deny the classics.

My current PC... it kicks as, plays Crysis almost smoothly and is used a lot.

The Wii... still not out on that console. I has got some nice titles, but I find the amount of worthy titles laughable. Then again... I found some classic GameCube titles for it: Metroid Prime 1/2, Wind Waker <Collector's Edition!!!> and some others. Latest addition: Sam & Max season 1.

In chronological order:
Atari 2600
Gameboy
NES
MegaDrive II
PC (Pentium 75 mhz)
Gameboy Color (transparent version)
SNES
PC Pentium 200 Mhz MMX
PC Pentium IV 1.5 Ghz
Xbox 360
Nintendo DS
PC (Intel Core 2 Duo 3.Ghz)
Wii

18. I've owned a lot of consoles in my time, and a ridiculous amount of games. The consoles I can remember owning are:

Atari 2600
Atari Lynx (One of my most treasured consoles.)
Jaguar (As is this.)
Commodore 64 (Got it for free from a friend.)
Sega Master System II
Sega Mega Drive
NES
SNES (I still play this, very often.)
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy SP
DS
N64
PSX
PS2 (Long story about that one.)
Xbox
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3 (How did I forget that? I was playing it when I wrote this...)

And of course, the PC. The foundation of gaming.

As you can probably tell, I spend a lot of money on gaming. But I like it, so it's worth it. And I don't care to count how many games I have. Also, I'd like to archive this topic if it continues being as awesome as it is now.

I'm 22 aaand:

Amiga
Sega Master System II
Playstation
N64
PS2
Gamecube
Wii
XBox360

Not as impressive as some of yours, but I get by :D!

Hmm....

Let's see....

22 years old, thats the easy part.

Now the systems ive owned.

NES
SNES
Genesis
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Playstation
PSP (briefly)

Now the ones I still have

N64
PS2
Nintendo DS
X-Box
X-Box 360
Wii

And I just recently got a Playstation 3, which will have reviews for games coming up on that as I play through it.

I plan on buying a lot of classic systems in the future, when I have time and money.

I'm 20, and I've been gaming since I was about 5. I've never ventured older than the NES in terms of consoles, but when I think about it I have a pretty decent list of played systems

Previously Owned Systems
NES
SNES
N64
PS2
Xbox
GameBoy
GameBoy Advance
GameBoy Advance SP
Sega GameGear

Previously Played Systems
PS One
PS3
Virtual Boy
Sega Saturn
Sega Genesis
Sega DreamCast
GameBoy Color

Currently Owned Systems
Xbox 360 (gamertag: scammel2)
Wii (friend code coming in a post edit if I feel like it)
DS

I'm 14 and this is the list of my current consoles in order of when I got them:

PC - 1998
N64 - 1999
Game Boy Colour - sometime between the N64 and the PS1
PS1 - 2000
PS2 - 2003 I think
DS - 2006
PSP - 2007
Xbox 360 - 2008 (it's a replacement model)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133