PachterRevolution

PachterRevolution: Patchter all day, every day!

I mean i don't mind hearing the news about that guy but... couldn't you just sum up all his news into one article by now? We got like three Pachter articles in a roll here!

The saddest thing is that he is really the only business analyst who is really talking about video game companies. There are still a lot of people who don't take the industry seriously. So even if he's a bit of a dolt, at least he is recognizing the potential of the industry and even if it sounds super obvious to you, remember he is saying this to inform 50 year old investors who are out of touch with tech.

Bretimus_v2 said:
The saddest thing is that he is really the only business analyst who is really talking about video game companies. There are still a lot of people who don't take the industry seriously. So even if he's a bit of a dolt, at least he is recognizing the potential of the industry and even if it sounds super obvious to you, remember he is saying this to inform 50 year old investors who are out of touch with tech.
This, a hundred time this! I got enough of people always asking why we are always hearing about this guy... that's because he's the ONLY GUY!
So prop to him for actually encouraging the video game industry to have more then just games.

Longo_2_guns said:
It's a Sunday. Usually there is no news at all. I'm fine with hearing what Pachter has to say.

Yeah.

It is a little off-putting though to have three in a row like that.

I'm not complaining. I tweeted to Alex Pachter love should be kept a secret. Honestly, I'm glad Alex is trying to make a Sunday better. GR must know I constantly refresh the homepage every hour for news of some sort.

I'm cool with Pachter talk on Sunday, but why 3 or more articles of him putting down PlayStation Now? All we really needed was the first article. The second article is okay by adding fuel to the fire, but not needed.

UghRochester said:
I'm cool with Pachter talk on Sunday, but why 3 or more articles of him putting down PlayStation Now? All we really needed was the first article. The second article is okay by adding fuel to the fire, but not needed.
i was thinking the exact same thing...

Pachter is awesome and knows his shit, plain and simple. He's also good at video games too. I wish my Dad would have kept gaming after the 16-bit era. Would have been fun to see him get into games nowadays. Thats what I like about Pach, he has adapted with the times and his predictions prove it time and time again. I'm not ass kissin, I just think he gets way too much flack for being honest about the industry. Sure the guy's a bit arrogant sometimes, but he's confident about what he's talking about.

Nope. Believe it or not, GL. Pach is actually a really decent guy. Been following him for years even before GR started to write articles on him. I hate some of his A** pulled predictions but i respect the other ones he made as well, even if they all didn't come true. Just because he said some Bullcrap, doesn't mean he's made of crap.

...and by the way, he owns a PS3 and a PS2. Somethings tells me he's aware there are more then 30 exclusive games.... but Alex's memories of Pachter killing his parents in a cold alley refuses to let him paint "the Analyst" as anything else but the scum of GR city. Alex seeks revenge and Patchter is his first target...

Wow what the fuck are you blathering on about...

Anyway, the complaint isn't about Pachter's merits or GR's choice to write about him – more to do with Alex's decision to watch the PachAttack every Sunday and then stretch it into three or four "articles." It's bizarre.

For the same reason he seems to pick the angering bits of his segments then anything else he said in that segment. Pachter doesn't bash video game publishers 24/7 in his shows you know. Personally i really think Alex got some issues against him and he wants the people at GR to share his hatred by constantly try to find a reason to dismiss the guy entirely. Like some sort of disgrunted youtube commenter trying to start a posse. So far, it seems successful as people on the front page are trying to discredit his professional record, while also saying he's not a "gamer".

Seriously, not even big sites like destructoids and IGN put as much effort into Pachter in the past years as Alex has done in the past few weeks. Like why him? why start a fire? There are bigger a**holes out there, spewing bigger nonesense without a freakin' diploma. Was Alex spat on by Pachter at E3 or somethin'?

used44 said:
tumblr_m95dmgaQFM1qdj1wu.gif

SAY WOW ONE MORE TIME, I DARE YOU!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod