Oh Loving Gods of GR, I come to you a broken man.

Would you like to see embedded videos on the forums and blogs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
prayer-surrender.jpg

Your humble servant begs you... Can we please enable embedded video players for forum posts and blog postings for the masses, in the same way you enable them for homepage stories, reviews, and articles? Sure they can be abused, but I think it will ultimately only help the community.

On the forums? Not so much, i can just barely imagine the slow downs in the next "post your video thread"... For the blogs on the other hand, absolutely yes!

UrbanMasque said:
prayer-surrender.jpg

Your humble servant begs you... Can I please get embedded video players for forum posts and blog postings for me to post Ustream videos, in the same way you enable them for homepage stories, reviews, and articles? Sure they can be abused, but I think it will ultimately only help me.

Fixed

Ustream Videos ... yea, Twitch Videos, yea, YouTube Vlogs, yea..

Why limited yourself to text? Why do this? am I invest in seeing a specific player up here - yes. But overall, video content is more preferred than text.. Plain and simple.

I agree with being able to embed videos into blogs. That would be fantastic.

On a side note, are we able to embed images into blogs like we can on the forums? I'm not sure how to do it if that's the case.

In the next couple of weeks I was going to write a blog that details a "making of GR Strips", the process behind it and how I do it. I'd like to try and do a video, which would be cool if I could embed it into a blog, if not I could always just write a blog with images/screenshots.

I think that will require an upgrade for the forums and that will probably break it. If you coded before you know that doing anything will break shit.

I vote yes but it's not up to us mods. You need to go waaaay up the food chain for a request like that to happen.

If I had said powers we'd all have bigger avatars to compensate for our tiny egos and beer pong Fridays.

WickedLiquid said:
I vote yes but it's not up to us mods. You need to go waaaay up the food chain for a request like that to happen.

If I had said powers we'd all have bigger avatars to compensate for our tiny egos and beer pong Fridays.

Well yes, having them activated in the forums is a tall order, but there seems like a switch is flipped in the member blog space because I see it on some postings and not on others.

Bumping this once again to add that it would be cool to be able to embed SoundCloud links to the "what are you listening to" forums.

Just so you know, it's a coding thing Urban. Us low-hanging scrotums have no power to do anything about this. You'll have to wait for a staff member to see.

Have you tried emailing/PMing anyone?

I'm sure if you bug Dan or Nick directly, you'll have much better success. From what I can tell, that's going to be the best way to be heard right now.

I think when Duke and crew disabled embedding it was due to spambots. So probably no luck until the forums are updated.

used44 said:
So probably no luck until the forums are updated.
I really hope they don't ever get updated. The amount of problems i've seen newer versions of vbulletin have compared to GR is incredible. These old forums are all different kinds of stable and easy to work with.
If only we could increase the avatar size to 64x64

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle