Odin Sphere and Odin Sphere Leifdrasir

sli

Jam fan
The "re-imagining" of Odin Sphere has been announced for release early next year, and as a big fan of Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, this should be no-brainer right? Especially considering I went with Dreamcast that generation of consoles.

From the trailer, it seems to play more like Muramasa, though I much prefer the extra 0.5D/isometric plane that Dragon's Crown provided. But, Dragon's Crown was light on story, and reading up a bit on Odin Sphere suggests that 5 protagonists with their interwoven stories should make for a satisfyingly complex, if not convoluted tale.

Has anybody played the original and can give a seal of approval? And about how many hours could I expect to sink in before reaching the end credits (I know the new version will have slight changes)?

Also do you guys think we can expect localized release alongside Japanese date or shortly after? Since the original already has an English version.

I want to get hyped, but it's still at least 6 months away! :evil:

Oh, and again a perfect title for the Vita! 8)

Finally... does any one know what "Leifdrasir" means? Can't find a translation for it.

No big deal. Just figured.

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg
[/img]

I was pumped for Odin Sphere, bought it at release and then barely played it. :( Didn't hook me for whatever reason.

used44 said:
I was pumped for Odin Sphere, bought it at release and then barely played it. :( Didn't hook me for whatever reason.

Any chance you're going to pick it up again this time around?

I agree Muramasa's gameplay starts to get a bit stale after a while. Dragon's Crown is much much better though, with added movement dimension, and also the leveling up that actually makes a big difference. Odin Sphere looks stirctly 2D though, and no weapon choices?...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133