No Man's Sky - is it worth the return?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Topics' started by Master_Craig, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Active Member

I've read online that No Man's Sky has undergone some pretty big changes, including base building, creating portals to go to different worlds (so essentially linking worlds and paths together), a Minecraft style "creative" mode (e.g. unlimited resources) and now a multiplayer mode... of sorts.

Do you think it's worth the return to re-download and replay? I've been tempted to check it out.

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  2. Master_Craig

I re-downloaded No Man's Sky, as I originally bought it on PSN.

The updates are... certainly different.

I'm playing creative mode at the moment as I honestly like making stuff (which is why I like Minecraft so much, I guess, same goes with Fallout 4's settlement system, despite its flaws). I'm just making a random base and things. Creative mode gives you unlimited resources of everything, as well as unlimited health, so you can just go around and do whatever you want.

Not too keen to play on the regular mode, though.

3. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Executive Editor
    Staff Member

At launch the game was fun for a couple hours. It was really the monotony that hampered it. Now that it's received a few updates I feel like it's recommendable, especially for people who want to play a space sim but don't want to commit dozens of hours to an Elite: Dangerous.

4. Josh_Orona

Josh_Orona Community Manager
    Staff Member

I'm leaning towards giving it a shot again and with the price tag being under 25$ on steam it definitely gives me more reason to do so.

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  5. Master_Craig

It's not bad.

I'm liking the base building aspect. Apparently on normal mode, building bases is an incredibly time consuming process (to gather resources and such), but building bases in creative mode is super easy and personally, kinda fun.

You can also build teleporters to teleport from space stations to other bases, meaning you can visit other worlds quickly.

I'm lazy and impatient, plus I like making stuff, so I'm really enjoying the creative mode of No Man's Sky.