Name a game from this gen that you feel is underrated...

Castlevania. It's a beatifully crafted game with a cool story that attaches both the legacy of the past with the innovations of the current generation.

Tom Clancy's EndWar.

Between my brother and I, we've purchased this game about 4-6 times. No, I've never taken it online and tried it out. I've played the hell out of the single player campaign though. Forget the stupid voice commands, grab the controller and get knee deep in.

An interesting take on a rock-paper-scissor type of unit superiority, with Engineers and Artillery to break the combat triangle. AI may be simplistic on Easy, it steps up on Normal and gets much harder as the campaign advances, on Hardcore it is just outright brutal. This game is a true RTS gem though, and it is a shame that the sequel is in the dark void. This was a platform they could've built a giant out of, with just some minor work.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Tom Clancy's EndWar.

Between my brother and I, we've purchased this game about 4-6 times. No, I've never taken it online and tried it out. I've played the hell out of the single player campaign though. Forget the stupid voice commands, grab the controller and get knee deep in.

An interesting take on a rock-paper-scissor type of unit superiority, with Engineers and Artillery to break the combat triangle. AI may be simplistic on Easy, it steps up on Normal and gets much harder as the campaign advances, on Hardcore it is just outright brutal. This game is a true RTS gem though, and it is a shame that the sequel is in the dark void. This was a platform they could've built a giant out of, with just some minor work.

It's Ubisoft. They never have things in order.
A game may become a cult hit, but they will change it/ignore it/kill it just because of the mainstream people.

Yeah, Nier is damn good.
Castlevania is also better than people seem to think.

Bad Company 2 doesn't seem as popular as it should be, either. It's a solid game.

madster111 said:
Yeah, Nier is damn good.

Bad Company 2 doesn't seem as popular as it should be, either. It's a solid game.

You have PC elitists to thank for that.

waaaa, this isn't Battlefield, waaaaaa.

madster111 said:
Yeah, Nier is damn good.

Agreed about Castlevania. I have the Collector's edition, and I thought it was magnificent.

Haven't played Nier, but the general consensus was that it had crappy graphics, but awesome gameplay.

Adding this to my list too.

Zeno Clash. Yeah, it was short and beating it is nearly impossible, but dang, it's interesting, and creative.

Resistance 2. Seriously. The game's multiplayer is really fun.

Also, Mini Ninjas, Patapon, and LocoRoco.

De-Ting said:
Zeno Clash. Yeah, it was short and beating it is nearly impossible, but dang, it's interesting, and creative.

Resistance 2. Seriously. The game's multiplayer is really fun.

Also, Mini Ninjas, Patapon, and LocoRoco.

....I couldn't disagree more about R2. That's another story, for another thread.

I keep loading up Patapon....but the damn cutscenes man. Soooooo long.
Never got around to trying Mini Ninjas, was that on PS3?

Diabolus said:
Haven't played Nier, but the general consensus was that it had crappy graphics, but awesome gameplay.
Nah, the graphics were decent and didn't bother me, and the gameplay was good but not great. However, it has one of the best stories out of any game this generation.

As I've said before, though, you need to skip the sidequests, save for the few that reward you with weapons. But even those can be avoided until later when you have a guide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133