Most overrated game ever/most n00b-loved sucky game

any metal gear solid, quite frankly pisses and bores me to tears

and let's jump onto the halo argument shall we,

original immersive story my fucking ass

"aliens, oh no aliens, strap on your super armour and shoot them"

everyone would have seen right through that one huh? Let's rewrite it as Bungie did into this grand stephen hawking esque fucking thriller

"aliens, oh no aliens, strap on your super armour, hop in a warthog and shoot them"

honestly, theres nothing spectacular about halo, it's a lot like mashed potatoes... good.. but completley fucking bland

like said before goldeneye brought shooters to the masses, as doom did before that, theres really absolutley nothing halo did for the FPS genre

you can claim it sold x number of copies on it's release date, well no shit, what else was everyone else planning to buy on their xbox at that time? not much was around in the way of consumer compitetion there...

Icepick said:
any metal gear solid, quite frankly pisses and bores me to tears

and let's jump onto the halo argument shall we,

original immersive story my **** ass

"aliens, oh no aliens, strap on your super armour and shoot them"

everyone would have seen right through that one huh? Let's rewrite it as Bungie did into this grand stephen hawking esque **** thriller

"aliens, oh no aliens, strap on your super armour, hop in a warthog and shoot them"

honestly, theres nothing spectacular about halo, it's a lot like mashed potatoes... good.. but completley **** bland

like said before goldeneye brought shooters to the masses, as doom did before that, theres really absolutley nothing halo did for the FPS genre

you can claim it sold x number of copies on it's release date, well no ****, what else was everyone else planning to buy on their xbox at that time? not much was around in the way of consumer compitetion there...

Amen.

I do disagree with MGS though. I thoroughly enjoyed 2. I haven't played the others however.

I first played Halo on the PC when it was ported over like two years later and was thinking...Ok? This is like most other FPS now. Maybe it was better on the original X-Box? Even to this day, I think save for a handful of games the original X-Box was lame.

Icepick said:
you can claim it sold x number of copies on it's release date, well no ****, what else was everyone else planning to buy on their xbox at that time? not much was around in the way of consumer compitetion there...

That makes absolutely no sense. If another game had have been released instead of Halo, would it have made over $125million in it's first day? No, of course not.

As for your argument against the story, what the f*ck? Play the game and pay attention to the story. No other FPS has a story that is firmly embedded in the game. (apart from Deus Ex) The story is gripping, the action is brilliant, the characters are brilliant, the voice over work is brilliant, the AI is brilliant.

And don't get me started on multiplayer.

i have to say that emfire for the snes wasone of my favorite gamei have played. i wip out the snes every now and then just to taste from its sweet nector

there is nothing awe inspiring about halo's story, nothing theres gripping, if you think so I imagine you get off reading clifford books, seriously

how does halo's story come close to that of halflife's? and seeing as you don't care to take time into account, how's it better than gears or even rainbow six?

(don't give me the Gears is 3rd person it dosn;t count roflzorz crap, it's a shooter)

and back to your initial argument, Goldeneye added placement sensitive shooting, zoomable sniper riffles, multiple objectives that are varied during missions.. what did halo add?

*Sigh* This obviously isn't getting anywhere, so I'll answer your question, and leave it at that. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Halo added depth to the genre.

.. it was as deep as a god damn puddle, it added nothing, it was bland, you can't sum up an argument by simply stating "it added depth to the genre" when you're against claims of it adding nothing, it revolutionized nothing, expanded nothing, added nothing, it was NOTHING

JCD said:
Halo added depth to the genre.

Define depth. Cause at face-value, it sounds like BS to me.

Truth of it is, Halo lost a lot (Or all, I guess) of it's potential when MS bought Bungie and finally got them to finish it.

uh huh

ooouu..plasma swords..that definatley adds depth to a game...
every since the original perfect dark theres been melee attacks...just cuz halo has some and has sword u can swing by pressing a button repeatably doesnt add jack shiiitt...
halo didnt add much or change anything..it simply created a dynamic game that people fell in love with..every friend's house i've been too, or when a group of friends play xbox..its halo, cuz its down right..just fun..it added fun to the genre, no tactical BS

halo bores me to tears, almost as much as reading the posts of people who hate halo, who seem to be regurgitating posts Geodole made 5 years ago about the game, with less panache and worse grammar. i think halo is overrated, but all the time and dedication people have and spend to deride the game is really annoying, imo, and a lot of it comes across as sour grapes, rather than a genuine dislike of the game.

as far as what i think is an overrated game, i've never thought Zelda games are as brilliant as fans make them out to be, and frankly I have very little patience for Smash Bros. or Smash Bros. Melee.

In my opinion:
Unreal Tournament (series) > Halo (series)
Doom (series) > Halo (series)
Quake (series) > Halo (series)
Serious Sam (series) > Halo (series)
TimeSplitters (series) > Halo (series)

Longo_2_guns said:
In my opinion Resistance>Halo.

Ok. I understand everyone has their opinions. Tyrranis for example, obviously dislikes Halo, fine.

But to say such a game as resistance is better than Halo..... I weep for what society has become.

JCD said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Ok. I understand everyone has their opinions. Tyrranis for example, obviously dislikes Halo, fine.

But to say such a game as resistance is better than Halo..... I weep for what society has become.

OK, I have to admit that some of what I said is because I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, but I've never found the Halo series that interesting. Granted, I've never played Halo 2, and from what I hear it is vastly superior to Halo 1, but when I did play the first one, it was not that fun. I had more fun playing all those other games, especially UT2004, than Halo.

I guess it's the fear. In Halo, there never was the immediate fear of walking around a corner only to have my head blown off, whilst in other games I've regularly found myself running scared from engagements due to low health levels. This is one of the things that held Red Faction 2 back, and to me it's holding Halo back as well.

Tyrranis said:
JCD said:
Longo_2_guns said:

OK, I have to admit that some of what I said is because I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, but I've never found the Halo series that interesting. Granted, I've never played Halo 2, and from what I hear it is vastly superior to Halo 1, but when I did play the first one, it was not that fun. I had more fun playing all those other games, especially UT2004, than Halo.

I guess it's the fear. In Halo, there never was the immediate fear of walking around a corner only to have my head blown off, whilst in other games I've regularly found myself running scared from engagements due to low health levels. This is one of the things that held Red Faction 2 back, and to me it's holding Halo back as well.
no man...its not that...its the fact that u compared a next gen shooter to an older gen shooter...halo was good in its time, but now resistance was destined to be better..and it is..its better then more then half the fps's that i've played...its like comparing mario to gears of war..they are different yes,completly, but im comparing in a way u have with halo compared to resistance...
u can say unreal tournament>halo but if ur gonna compared resistance>halo, atleast use a next gen shooter..maybe like perfect dark zero..whcih no doubt resistance>>>>(way better) perfect dark
the next gen shooters have more power, can have longer gameplay, better gameplay, better online..cuz its next gen...halo was good, yes in its time..

I understand that not everyone has to like Halo. But no one can deny the impact it had on the industry. And to say Resistance is better? I'd rather drill screws into my fingers while watching Deal or no Deal, humming a Paris Hilton song than play that game! Sorry, got carried away there. :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo