it's the fucking olympics

Woot woot! Congratulations to our Men and Women's hockey for defending their gold. Loved that comeback in thr woman's game against the US. And Longo is bitching again? Some things never change.

Only sports I think are bullshit are ones you get judged on. When it comes to racing and sports games there's no question about it, but when it comes to judges your medal depends on an opinion.

Thank goodness. I thought for sure one of ton was going to crap on rhythmic gymnastics but everyone knows gymnastics with a really long ribbon or a ball or a hoop is pretty much the most serious and life applicable skill ever.

Congrats Canada. Drink a Moulson's in honor of yourselves and the eat some pootine.

Wes said:
Woot woot! Congratulations to our Men and Women's hockey for defending their gold. Loved that comeback in thr woman's game against the US. And Longo is bitching again? Some things never change.

That comeback in the Women's match against the US was one for the ages. 50 years from now, kids would be studying about it in their history e-books.

Longo_2_guns said:
used44 said:
Yeah, I don't think so.
Canadian history books detailing events after 1950 are all just hockey scores.

You know how many times I heard people talk about how Canada beat the U.S in war once? Yeah. 1812. They still bring it up.

Longo_2_guns said:
used44 said:
Yeah, I don't think so.
Canadian history books detailing events after 1950 are all just hockey scores.

And there is something wrong with that? Lmao.

American history books....

Bill Clinton gets a blowy from secretary.

Bill Clinton impeached.

George W. Bush wins presidency, people question his qualifications. He promptly shuts haters up by providing proof he won a colouring contest at Denny's in 1998.

Pointless wars ensue, many American lives lost for no reason.

Sarah Palin.

Black guy with no qualifications gets voted into presidency because he is black, and that's hip.

Obama's presidency

________

________

Obamacare

________

I'll take Hockey scores.

Keep in mind, this is all simply in jest!

Lol. Oh jeez. The war of 1812, a topic that is always brought up in my circles from insecure Canadians to anger butthurt Americans... Said noone. I don't think I've ever seen the topic brought up on GR except for when it was news during the 200th anniversary. Am I missing something here?

And South Park takes a lot of shots at Canada. Obviously part of the joke is how the US is clueless about other countries but they're still taking shots. It's funny and clever. Now can we please just get over the fact Canadians are happy?

I'm not your buddy, guy!

(This was back when you could drive across the border without a passport)
As a American that grew up in the middle of America, I visited Hamilton Ontario for my 19th birthday.(Drinking age is 19) It was a nice place where everyone liked to drink a lot of beer and have a jolly time. Whether that was at a bar, a house party, or just at home. Good beer to, Twice the alcohol strength of most American Brews. You could get a ounce of Canadian blueberry weed for $100 American. You learn that Canadians test their weed by using their dollar coin "the loonie". You put the coin on the table, pull some weed out of the bag and then stick your finger on the coin, If you can lift it, its a good bag of weed. Was one of my best birthday experiences. Very nice place with close to the same weather as where I was in the U.S.

Has it changed in the last 6 years?

One thing I don't understand is how anyone drinks so much beer with every meal. I need soda while I eat. Beer just makes me feel full quicker. The trip also happened to be during Canadian thanksgiving which was interesting to be a part of. Another thing worth mentioning, Full alcohol and full nude strip club with 18 year old blonde girls dressed up as Americans in camo short shorts and a American flag handkerchief for a shirt. Awesome hooter shooters. Canada was awesome.

Sourdeez said:
I'm not your buddy, guy!

(This was back when you could drive across the border without a passport)
As a American that grew up in the middle of America, I visited Hamilton Ontario for my 19th birthday.(Drinking age is 19) It was a nice place where everyone liked to drink a lot of beer and have a jolly time. Whether that was at a bar, a house party, or just at home. Good beer to, Twice the alcohol strength of most American Brews. You could get a ounce of Canadian blueberry weed for $100 American. You learn that Canadians test their weed by using their dollar coin "the loonie". You put the coin on the table, pull some weed out of the bag and then stick your finger on the coin, If you can lift it, its a good bag of weed. Was one of my best birthday experiences. Very nice place with close to the same weather as where I was in the U.S.

Has it changed in the last 6 years?

One thing I don't understand is how anyone drinks so much beer with every meal. I need soda while I eat. Beer just makes me feel full quicker. The trip also happened to be during Canadian thanksgiving which was interesting to be a part of. Another thing worth mentioning, Full alcohol and full nude strip club with 18 year old blonde girls dressed up as Americans in camo short shorts and a American flag handkerchief for a shirt. Awesome hooter shooters. Canada was awesome.

If you think Hamilton was nice, you'd shit yourself if you visited a city that isn't a dump.

WickedLiquid said:
Lol. Oh jeez. The war of 1812, a topic that is always brought up in my circles from insecure Canadians to anger butthurt Americans... Said noone. I don't think I've ever seen the topic brought up on GR except for when it was news during the 200th anniversary. Am I missing something here?

And South Park takes a lot of shots at Canada. Obviously part of the joke is how the US is clueless about other countries but they're still taking shots. It's funny and clever. Now can we please just get over the fact Canadians are happy?

Well, this wasn't on GR so yeah...You probably are missing something ;) Just because you haven't run into many Canadians with a superiority complex doesn't mean they don't exist ;)

Lien said:
Sounds like Lethean is still a sore loser over it.

Seeing as how I'm Canadian, why would I be? Also, I couldn't care less about the War of 1812 :p. I only brought it up in relation to Longo's post about history texts :)

Deez, Hamilton's alright. It's only a couple hours from Toronto and I've been there a few times to see concerts at their stadium. People tell me the city stinks but I don't notice it.

You can't judge a whole country on one city though. That'd be like judging all of US based on Flint, Michigan. You want a run down of Canada it's pretty much...

BC - Beautiful
Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba - where real Canadians live
Southern Ontario - USA's 51st state under Canadian law
Northern Ontario - Where people go out for a rip
Quebec - Weird French art that you'd get if you were cool
New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI - where the other real Canadians live
Newfoundland - just got iPods
The Northern territories - Eskimos, yes they exist.

Also it's fucking cold.

I like how Lethean's people have rejected him now that he has come south and made offspring with an American.

It is ok, brother. Join us in the land of reasonable winters.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I like how Lethean's people have rejected him now that he has come south and made offspring with an American.

It is ok, brother. Join us in the land of reasonable winters.

Pretty sure it's Lethean that has already turned against us :p

WickedLiquid said:
Deez, Hamilton's alright. It's only a couple hours from Toronto and I've been there a few times to see concerts at their stadium. People tell me the city stinks but I don't notice it.

Toronto also gets the best mayors. From the incident in the 90s where he called in the army to punch winter in the balls, and to the present with just about everything Rob Ford does in the past few months.

My extensive knowledge of Canada...

strangebrew.jpg

holmesmagazine.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133