Is it safe here? or How I Caged My Very Own Nicolas

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
To talk about QUINNSPIRACY!!?

quinnspiracy.jpg

Will this post go the way of countless Reddit threads? Or will we be able to talk about what may or may not have happened.

For those of you not familiar - here are some quick links if you're too lazy to Google Quinnspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

I don't want to just be propgating dirt, but I think its interesting vidya drama and I just wanted to get the honest opinions of the people who's opinions I value in video games. Some of you may actually know the players involved.

Kotaku responded with an article that I though was pretty fair.
http://kotaku.com/in-recent-days-ive-been-asked-several-times-about-a-pos-1624707346

Has anyone been following this? Or am I the only one..
just kicking the nest here a bit.. seeing how many hornets fly out..

PS - Has anyone here played Depression Quest?

NO TALKING ABOUT THIS EVER! CLOSED!

Oh wait, no, go ahead.

And I played Depression Quest. It was kinda boring. Though I guess that's what makes it realistic?

Green_Lantern said:
I'm gonna need both a tl;dr AND a tl;dw...

Can't - the video is the best tl;dr available.

Longo_2_guns said:
NO TALKING ABOUT THIS EVER! CLOSED!

Oh wait, no, go ahead.

Ahh that sense of humor suggests that you know the score. So what do you think? Legit grievance against gaming journalists? MRA's just looking to hold feminists over the fire for something? Nerd drama played up for the sake of nerd drama?

God darn it... not here too. Couldn't you just take the Daniel Floyd stance?

...Urban, i am going to be perfectly honest with you and i want you to answer this so there can be a drama free discussion here. Do you know what the conspiracy is WITHOUT linking that video that's being shared by 4-chan and reddit trolls? Seriously! Let's talk about this a second.

If you clicked or googled the youtube username that posted this video, you'll noticed he has:
1 - A big issue with social media like tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc...
2 - Hate feminist, social activist, indie devs, gaming sites that favor any of these and that relies on social media in general and also anyone who works for them (so... pretty much every major gaming sites including GR and even *Gasp* people like you and Longo!)
3 - Is a pure one, grade one, rank one misogynist. And i mean that as in someone who has in the past defended a guy from rape accusation on the basis of self defense, claims that women ask too much and that men are marginalize from them, believe actively that the media is controlled by the "feminazi" and that the reason people don't speak out against it is that they have been brainwashed by them. Not as someone who said that one wrong thing and needs to apologize to tumblr.
4 - Has openly declared to be a white supremacist... i can't stress that part enough.
5 - Has been so controversial in the past in his OWN circle that he got kicked out of anti-feminist reddit threads, got banned from commenting on skeptic blogs site and was flag many times for copyright infringement by the people he was agreeing with.

Why is anyone, in their right mind THINK this video or even the author holds any ground? He's a tinfoil hat crackpot conspirator! Like he's a guy who want to start the Tea party of the gaming politics and believe his videos are being censored for telling out "lies" (like Longo joked here).
Why do you think he earned the nickname of the Rush Limbaugh of the internet BEFORE that video even came up? Screw this thread!

Meanwhile, what the press doesn't show in Ferguson... A looter free peaceful protest. Can we talk about this instead?

Lien said:
God darn it... not here too. Couldn't you just take the Daniel Floyd stance?
Yea.. the thing is.. I wish people did a lot more of this, but sadly thats not the world we live in - and honestly abstaining from comment doesn't place you on some moral high ground IMO.. it just means you're indifferent.

Lien said:
...Urban, i am going to be perfectly honest with you and i want you to answer this so there can be a drama free discussion here. Do you know what the conspiracy is WITHOUT linking that video that's being shared by 4-chan and reddit trolls? Seriously! Let's talk about this a second.

Lets.

Lien said:
If you clicked or googled the youtube username that posted this video, you'll noticed he has:
1 - A big issue with social media like tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc...
2 - Hate feminist, social activist, indie devs, gaming sites that favor any of these and that relies on social media in general and also anyone who works for them (so... pretty much every major gaming sites including GR and even *Gasp* people like you and Longo!)
3 - Is a pure one, grade one, rank one misogynist. And i mean that as in someone who has in the past defended a guy from rape accusation on the basis of self defense, claims that women ask too much and that men are marginalize from them, believe actively that the media is controlled by the "feminazi" and that the reason people don't speak out against it is that they have been brainwashed by them. Not as someone who said that one wrong thing and needs to apologize to tumblr.
4 - Has openly declared to be a white supremacist... i can't stress that part enough.
5 - Has been so controversial in the past in his OWN circle that he got kicked out of anti-feminist reddit threads, got banned from commenting on skeptic blogs site and was flag many times for copyright infringement by the people he was agreeing with.

Why is anyone, in their right mind THINK this video or even the author holds any ground? He's a tinfoil hat crackpot conspirator! Like he's a guy who want to start the Tea party of the gaming politics and believe his videos are being censored for telling out "lies" (like Longo joked here).
Why do you think he earned the nickname of the Rush Limbaugh of the internet BEFORE that video even came up? Screw this thread!

Sure.. Fine whatever. The video is still the best tl;dr version of the events. I'm not talking about the guy, I'm talking about the contents of the video. Does his opinion play a role in his fervor, I'm sure, but all of the content listed irrelevant as a result? Its the content of the video that is the discussion - not the video maker, and I dont have a foot in either camp but I find it super interesting that posting this gets this type of reaction from everywhere.

Lien said:
Meanwhile, what the press doesn't show in Ferguson... A looter free peaceful protest. Can we talk about this instead?

Yea fine.. Everyone look over here!! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I defended Alex Jones and his coverage of the Ferguson Live Stream of peaceful protests - while the "main stream media" seemed to blackout the rallies minus the looting and jackboot officers.. But thats not the issue here.. This is the internet, in this age of new media the information is available for anyone willing to take a look and discuss the subject matter (From Ferguson to Gaza), but that doesn't seem to be happening with the whole Quinnspiracy. Because people take Daniel Floydd's stance or your stance.

I'm not in the business of defending bigots, but I still want to know your opinion on the topic. Do you think this is a Zoe Quinn hit job personally b/c she cheated on her bf? An attack on Feminists through Quinn? or a question surrounding game journalism and peddling your product? And if you're offended by this thread - why?

---------------------------------------------------

UghRochester said:
Without defending Quinn, get this sh*t thread outta here.
Really?
In the history of Sh*t threads on GR - where would you rank this one?

That's where everyone could be wrong about the situation. This whole thing started, because an ex boyfriend posted a blog about Quinn having sexual relations with these inside people of the gaming industry. Now, what if for one moment, all the evidence that could be in that blog (which I see no f*cking link to) was false? Everything is in that damn video is based upon assumption of that blog being true. Therefore, I have no say and don't feel the right to decide which side to be on.

UghRochester said:
That's where everyone could be wrong about the situation. This whole thing started, because an ex boyfriend posted a blog about Quinn having sexual relations with these inside people of the gaming industry. Now, what if for one moment, all the evidence that could be in that blog (which I see no f*cking link to) was false? Everything is in that damn video is based upon assumption of that blog being true. Therefore, I have no say and don't feel the right to decide which side to be on.

The info underneath the Youtube video links to the blog post. This thread isn't about the blog post, but the info is there if you care to look.

Side note... I'm curious about Depression Quest and might buy the game at some point.

UrbanMasque said:
UghRochester said:

The info underneath the Youtube video links to the blog post. This thread isn't about the blog post, but the info is there if you care to look.

Side note... I'm curious about Depression Quest and might buy the game at some point.
NotSureIfSerious.jpg

It has everything to do with YouTube video you posted. Depression Quest is free if you read Jessica's article about it.

UghRochester said:
UrbanMasque said:
UghRochester said:

It has everything to do with YouTube video you posted. And don't try to make the thread more about Depression Quest...which is free, if you read Jessica's article about it.

Scratch that.. may play it at some point. shrug.jpg

So what I can assume by the overall feeling here is that this is a non-issue issue and major rabble-rousing by 4chan, reddit, twitter and various other internet trolls. Maybe this is something the GR staff can touch speak to during the Podcast?

tumblr_lz0iuzlsej1qbiwlyo1_500.gif

UghRochester said:
Now, what if for one moment, all the evidence that could be in that blog (which I see no f*cking link to) was false?
It's not.

And this whole thing started months ago when she got her shithouse 'game' through steam greenlight by playing the 'poor defenseless feminist getting picked on online' card.
See here for more info:
https://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

UghRochester said:
Whatever, I'm neutral of the situation and outta here.

Touched a nerve? You don't sound Nuetral.. cmon Ugh., tell us whats on your mind.

400px-GTA5Psychologist.jpg

Also... some of the comments out of the editor's corner are kinda aggressive. This thing touches a nerve with people... on both sides. WHY?!

I'm neutral, because this thread doesn't concern me and I know little about the situation. Same with most of you.

The GIF was for WL, don't take that seriously...unless you want to laugh.

UghRochester said:
I'm neutral, because this thread doesn't concern me and I know little about the situation. Same with most of you.

Nuetral, and yet you commented and continue to comment. Come now Ugh, you must hold some point of view on what you think is at play - even from a very high level perspective.

gtavtherapist.jpg

madster111 said:
UghRochester said:
Now, what if for one moment, all the evidence that could be in that blog (which I see no f*cking link to) was false?
It's not.

And this whole thing started months ago when she got her shithouse 'game' through steam greenlight by playing the 'poor defenseless feminist getting picked on online' card.
See here for more info:
https://imgur.com/a/4VOcx
81964162.jpg

My take on this is that what should've happened was when this came out, everyone involved should've made an apology, maybe even have someone say "This was unprofessional of me and I'm going to step down from my position." That's what would happen in any other media.

But that didn't happen. Instead everyone vehemently denied it ever happening, made it personal attacks about how their political agendas are effecting their position, Phil Fish tried to become relevant again, and so on. Because that is the world of the video game press.

I mean, really, what do they have to gain by coming out and saying that it was bad? There's nothing at stake for anyone involved, since they all have the connections needed to permanently blacklist anyone who tries to stand up to them. Zoe Quinn is hardly the biggest problem, but she's the common link between this whole thing so she's the one who will take it the hardest (though I'm sure she already did. Ha, sex jokes!)

Even then, the fact that she slept with a bunch of guys and cheated on her boyfriend is her business. What makes it an issue is that she slept with her boss and other influential people, and yet not a single one of them will be expected to own up to it. For me, that's what gets my goat. When Josh Mattingly tells a girl his penis is always available for her, of course he gets his clock cleaned by the press. When Zoe Quinn sleeps with her boss, no one says a word.

Also whatever Lien stands for is usually wrong. So that helps keep my conscience clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod