Idea for front page comment sections

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
There should be a way to mark "favorite" users.

I like that the staff are highlighted in red so that I can scroll down and find Daniel or Anthony, knowing that what they have to say will be interesting. It would be neat to have another special highlight to easily find people whose comment you care about. Having to stare at the tiny avatars, looking for someone I know in the sea of trolls is kind of a chore. Usually I just see what the staff had to say and move on.

Just a thought. Maybe keep it in mind for your next site iteration.

Ctrl+F. Unless you're on iOS.

And the red border is barely visible on the dark theme. That could be changed to something lighter.

De-Ting said:

And the red border is barely visible on the dark theme. That could be changed to something lighter.

So if you have 5 or 6 members who you want to see if they've posted, you'll ctrl f and go through that 6 times, on every article you read? That sounds functional and efficient to you? What was suggested was a relatively easy solution to your completely obvious idea, I'm fairly confident just about anyone who's utilized a computer for over 3 months understands the functionality of the find feature

Icepick said:
De-Ting said:

So if you have 5 or 6 members who you want to see if they've posted, you'll ctrl f and go through that 6 times, on every article you read? That sounds functional and efficient to you? What was suggested was a relatively easy solution to your completely obvious idea, I'm fairly confident just about anyone who's utilized a computer for over 3 months understands the functionality of the find feature

Exactly. You can't seriously think that's a legitimate replacement for the function I pitched.

iOS has a search, by the way.

I've been using ctrl+f, didnt really consider it a chore until now, but would like something easier. This prob wouldn't affect me as I'm logged out 50% of the time I visit the site anyway. Good suggestion, lets see if it falls on deaf ears.

You're right. I was just giving a solution for right now.

A blacklist to automatically hide posts from disliked users would be nice, too.

I like this idea, I'll be blacklisted everywhere... it'll be awesome.

Nah, seriously, it's a cool idea. There are quite a few people I look forward to seeing the comments/opinions of.

Switching to Disqus or something like that would solve a lot of problems with the comments section. If that's not in the cards, an edit function, an ignore function (mostly for BTS and Stealth) and used's idea would be great.

used44 said:
There should be a way to mark "favorite" users.

Noted, and something like it is on the way. We'll have a refresh of our comments system up soon. We've been talking about it behind the scenes lately. I'm glad you guys are welcoming to the idea of a refresh.

Longo_2_guns said:
Are we going to get a new forum too?

You mean as in new forum software? I think that's a no at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Just not something that's currently on the table and under discussion. Well, it sort of is, but part of a bigger picture.

Def don't want to say too much because it's too soon and I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up (or down). But we're always looking at ways we can improve or changes we can make.

Sorry to be so vague.

No worries. I'm not expecting everyone to jump up on the behalf of the forums. Just throwing out the monthly reminder that the forums haven't been updated since 2005 and could really use some work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod