Hello, History question

M-Z

Rookie
Hi,

Just a little bit about myself:
I'm a gamer in the sense that I love games and have since the first time I played them. Used to play a lot more than I do now that I have certain responsibilities as an adult. Though I played pac-man when it came out on atari, my formative years were really back in the days of the nes. That rectangle controller and it's magic 2 buttons really felt right ( I really just count buttons A and B when I remember those days).
I'm kind of drunk, so sorry if I say something stupid.

Anyway, my question:

Does anyone know if there are any developers out there who pay better if the prospective employee knows the history of video games?
I don't know why, but I was drinking and reading about games when I remembered my high school years and thought "I would have killed to be able to take a video-game history class".

Does anyone know if there is such a thing?

I think that having people learn how the first video-games in the world played like would be an invaluable lesson for video-game creators of the present and future to have. Hell, I'll go as far as saying that teaching people how to program on those consoles (all the way from atari to the late play-station) can teach them a lot about developing for the modern consoles.

Does anyone know if there is a teacher in the world teaching young would be developers how and what original video-game developers had to deal with? is anyone really documenting video-games in the historical context which will be attributed to video-games once they become mainstream media like t-v and recorded movies?
Is internet history to be trusted as real history knowing that it can be changed in an instant or do we have to convert it into old-school media such as t-v and radio to convince people that video-games are a true form of media?

If anyone here knows the answers to these questions I'd be grateful. if any of you can simply point me in the right direction I'd be grateful too.
Again, I'm drunk, so I'm sorry if I'm all over the place.

-Z

your drunk and you have better grammer/spelling then me, impressive, these are some good questions i think 8bitgamer could really help you out with these, i'd measage him if i were you, that is if he doesnt pop in hear on his own

i've watch once a history of games on discovery channel..

starting from atari and what happen to the company atari..

oh my bad... game started to a game called pong.....

the developer of that pong game is somehow related to a NASA thing or the one thats deals with radar monitor...

well i'll try to look for what episode on discovery channel is that.. ^^

Something I hope to study on my own, actually, is the history of video games. I have been researching it as much as I possibly can as well, at best, the contacts above are a great way to start the search.

Navy_Seal said:
Try the History Channel!!!
no dont try the history channel, i love games ive never really studied them as hard as say links, but i can say this that documentery was so flawed and incorect it will make your head spin

sofia said:
wow gratz to your story lolzzz
TRY THE NEOSTEAM ENGRISH SERVER WITH ME LOLLLLZZZ!!!

Fixed.

I can't say for certain, but I don't imagine they pay you more based on what you know in terms of video game history. It would be like me going to a company for an advertising executive position and saying "I know the entire history of advertising" and then expecting them to pay me more simply for some knowledge I claim to have.

I could be wrong, but this day in age, unless what you know comes on a degree from a University, what you know really means jack to employers.

LetheanDreams said:
sofia said:

Fixed.

I can't say for certain, but I don't imagine they pay you more based on what you know in terms of video game history. It would be like me going to a company for an advertising executive position and saying "I know the entire history of advertising" and then expecting them to pay me more simply for some knowledge I claim to have.

I could be wrong, but this day in age, unless what you know comes on a degree from a University, what you know really means jack to employers.

What if you know they're cheating on their spouse with the mailman? And you have pictures? Eh? Eh?

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
LetheanDreams said:
sofia said:

Fixed.

What if you know they're cheating on their spouse with the mailman? And you have pictures? Eh? Eh?

At that moment, they are no longer the boss, you are.

Checl out Wikipedia's article on the history of video games. It's one of the longest articles I've ever seen on Wikipedia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod