Guess the Box Art! (with prizes!)

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I figure since the GRumble is dead in the water, it's time to have a brand new fun game on here!

The rules of this game are simple, I'm going to post an immensely pixelized box art to three different games and a general trivia question, and you get points for guessing them right. A few different things to consider:
The only rule is you only get points for one box art per set. In favor of giving everyone a fair shot, and making this more than "first person here wins everything" I'm going to say that you can only correctly answer one box art per day. The trivia is a bonus, so you can get that as well, but don't try and sweep the board right away.

If no one can correctly guess a box art within 24 hours, it rolls over to the next day with an added point to it.

There will be variable points. Easy ones are worth 1, medium worth 2, and hard ones worth 3.

I'll post more once they've all been answered or after 24 hours.

And I've got a plethora of games on Steam to give away, so at certain times I'm going to give away games to the people with the most points!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

ROUND 1.

Easy - 1 point
X71oxQb.png

Medium - 2 points
FbNfneK.jpg

Medium - 2 points
YllbSlw.jpg

Trivia: what do all these games have in common?

DAMNIT. I can't view these photos at work! :evil: Is it Fable? Or I'll take a stab at the bonus question -- they're all 1996 release games.

I didn't recognise Quake at all but now that you mention it, yeah... I'm slapping myself in the face for that one.

intoTheRain said:
IS the easy one crash bandicoot?

How do you pixelize them like that?
Yes it is!

And I load them up in MS Paint, shrink them to about 10 pixels in size, and then resize them to normal.

Current standings:

used44 - 2
UrbanMasque - 2
Sightless - 1
intoTheRain - 1

Next set:
Easy
waDmLDH.jpg

Medium
N8JW5yF.jpg

Hard
94NevPr.jpg

Trivia: Not counting spin offs, which of these three games has the longest series?

Easy - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

I think I might know hard but I'm not confident enough to waste my guess.

used44 said:
Easy - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

I think I might know hard but I'm not confident enough to waste my guess.
Correct!

Though I'll clarify, if you guess and get it wrong you can guess again. But you can only get points for one of them.

Damn, the first one (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) was super easy, but used beat me to it.

I'm going to take a wild guess at Medium... would it be Kingdom Hearts, by any chance? At the very least, the cover looks like the cover of a handheld title, most likely DS (due to the white bar on the left and the smaller, landscape size).

I have absolutely no idea what Hard is. I thought it may have been Tomb Raider (2013) but Tomb Raider has red and white colours in the title, that's black... so I have no idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle