GR site update discussion

used44 said:
How is browsing the site via iOS for you, Green Lantern? Do you have the same issue with needing to always disable mobile before proceeding?

My iPad actually goes straight to the desktop version...I haven't tried the mobile version with it.

I will say though that on my iPad, on the front page articles where the posts should say how long ago the article was written they all say "NaN years ago" .... Pretty minor, but still a coding issue.

I haven't listened to this week's podcast, but if you see the Leadboard on the page, it has definitely changed from the most popular members. I'm guessing whoever is on the leaderboard has got the most comments or thumbs up.

It was the members with most comrades before, but now I don't know what that leaderboard is about.

It's all front-page people so it obviously has nothing to do with the forums.

I like the fireball thing. People may not have something they personally want to say, but can simply show agreement/dis.

Well the thumbs up/down thing has been around forever, but including it in the fireball is what I don't like. It's like, the whole point is to sort of show if people are responding. But now, you could look and see the number's higher, but that's just because someone gave it a thumbs up. Removes a bit of the usefulness of having the comment counter.

No, I get that. It's not a perfect system.

And as far as the leaderboard, I'm alright that it's front page people because the forums have the Best of GR.

Bretimus_v2 said:
See and that's silly because...comrades?
cover_anim.gif

"Manifesto," "comrades." Bret, were you here when GR had a more communist centric motif? There were t-shirts for sale of Mario wearing a Che Guevara beret and the like.

I always found it funny we were sort of communist-themed, but the forums never carried that theme and instead were referencing Kung fu movies.

If by here, you're asking was I visiting the site. Yes. If by here you are referencing the forums. No. I had little to no interest in the forums until 2005-2006.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133