Games you wish they would successfully remake

Delorean88

Rookie
Seeing that GR recently did their preview for DN4E it got me thinking about the games we played in our childhood that's gave us bliss but are absent from our current lifestyles. Or at least tried to make a comeback but it made you wish it died off instead (Sonic). But anyways what I'm wanting to talk about are the games that you wish they would remake if in the perfect world the right team developed it and it was as great as the original if not better. For me even though I just mentioned Sonic I'll say it again, he kind of needs to die for his own good but the series does deserve a farewell tour that isn't painful to watch. Some others:
Killer Instinct
Bomberman
Counterstrike Source for consoles (seriously Value why not? It'll make money, sell it through LIVE or PSN arcade) I realize it's not a old game but it never came to consoles and I wanted it to
That TMNT game where it's 4 player co-op and you're side scrolling beating up baddies and if you walk over man holes you do a cartoonnish fall into the sewer.
A Perfect Dark or Goldeneye remake that doesn't make you want to cry (that being said haven't played the Wii Goldeneye yet)
Army Men Sarge's Heroes (Love it as a kid, I don't know why but I went crazy over it)
and last one (but there is a lot more) Starfox.... I miss you starfox...

Uhh, dude, Turtles In Time is available via PSN and XBL.

Double Dragon
Battletoads
NFL Blitz
Gretzky 3D Hockey

I love my NBA Jam sports-type games.

A true Final Fantasy Tactics sequel or remake would be ace. They could either keep it sprite-based or even make it with flashy 3D graphics, as long as it's not the weak 'Advance' universe. Keep the grown-up plot and setting.

used44 said:
A true Final Fantasy Tactics sequel or remake would be ace. They could either keep it sprite-based or even make it with flashy 3D graphics, as long as it's not the weak 'Advance' universe. Keep the grown-up plot and setting.

Have you not played War of the Lions? It is about as much of a remake you could want.

That being said, Final Fantasy 7, because I love that game and cloud is hawttttttttt.

Bretimus_v2 said:
NFL Blitz

Now The League 2 wasn't all that bad, but I would love to see it return to its Midway Arcade Roots. An HD Remake screams possibility for PSN or XBL. I'd buy it.

I'd love to see the Syphon Filter series return to its SF2 roots, which was easily on of the best of the series. But only. ONLY. If they bring back John Chacon as Gabe Logan's VA.

I can die happy.

TheDiesel said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
NFL Blitz

Now The League 2 wasn't all that bad, but I would love to see it return to its Midway Arcade Roots. An HD Remake screams possibility for PSN or XBL. I'd buy it.

But they'd probably end up doing the same thing as they did with NBA Jam.

Bretimus_v2 said:
TheDiesel said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
NFL Blitz

But they'd probably end up doing the same thing as they did with NBA Jam.

If EA would allow anything NFL-related be made without them tag-slapping it.

Good news: Activision just announced at Toy Fair that they're re-introducing the Spyro the Dragon series!

Bad news: It's targeted toward kids and will feature integration with physical toys and sone sort of electronic reader where you buy the real toys to put them in the game.

Oh well.

used44 said:
Good news: Activision just announced at Toy Fair that they're re-introducing the Spyro the Dragon series!
To be fair, this is the second time they've "reintroduced" Spyro. There was a trilogy of games that made him "SUPER EPIC!!!" that was balls awful. So, yeah.

De-Ting said:
Well I've been playing Spyro 1 & 2 on my PSP now that they're free for Plus users, so I'm okay.
Now you're making me want to find my PSP again.

Damn it, why is it so hard to get the stupid jailbreak to work on them?
At one time, i spent an hour trying to get it to go into the stupid mode.

I refuse to pay for games i already own, hence why i plan on using custom firmware.

On topic, am i the only one that wants a remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on the 3DS?
Finally, nintendo handhelds get decent hardware. Maybe they could finally stop the games looking like arse, while introducing more content with the bigger storage space.

Oh, also, they're already granting my wish by remaking Shadows of the Colossus.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
C&C Tiberian Sun in shooter form. I mean come on, COME ON.
That would be awesome, now thinking about that kinda shocked no one has jumped on the idea of a FPS C&C game. Sure there was Renegade (didn't play) but there is still so much potential with the C&C universe in a FPS perspective. I would rather play one of the Tiberian games in a FPS rather than Red Alert but thats because theres already a lot of modern combat games and it'll just feel like another. I tried thinking of what a C&C TS shooter would be like and my thought was a mixture of Halo and Killzone (Hm.. is that a good combo) but characters from C&C. If not FPS then at least a 3rd person style game like gears (but not a clone)

Loved spyro as a kid, that game rocked then they kept making those sequels and the more they released it the more sad it made you. Riptos rage was good and so was year of the dragon. Talking about spyro makes me want to play spryo but last time I had a PS1 the president was white and britney spears was considered sexy and not crazy.

madster111 said:
Oh, also, they're already granting my wish by remaking Shadows of the Colossus.
Thats good I missed the first one and heard I missed out big time. Speaking of pokemon remember pokemon stadium (I think thats what it was called)? Why don't they make a 3D version of all those classic handheld pokemon games where theres a world you can explore and fight and collect pokemon and battle online. Basically any rpg today... But with pokemon and moral dilemma choices (last part not really).

madster111 said:
On topic, am i the only one that wants a remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on the 3DS?
Actually, you're not, because May is by far the hottest female main character in the Pokemon games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133