Does anyone remember The Rules of Playing Morrowind?

NecroWolf

Regular
Remember Morrowind? Yeah, so, Skyrim's infinitely better than it, and Oblivion combined, but, that isn't about that (We have an OT for that), this topic is about if anyone remembers the rules for playing Morrowind on the Xbox?

You don't? They were simple, sort of... you see, Morrowind has a huge problem with DDE's, and lock-ups when a save file got too big, so you had to work to keep it down by following the rules.

Rule 1: Always close doors. Always.
Rule 2: Bury bodies always.
Rule 3: Put items on the bodies to bury.
Rule 4: Don't leave items laying around, ever.
Rule 5: Erase your previous saves every few hours.

And there were many more. Seriously, I remember doing all of those things, and constantly watching my save file. Good times.

I never had any problems like that.

I had the Game of the Year edition for the XBox though, so they may have fixed it by then. Good memories from playing the game on XBox though, countless hours of my life. Now I have it on the PC for constant enjoyment.

Haha. Awesome nostalgia post.

I would drop torches (torches stayed vertical and lit when you dropped them in Morrowind) to line either side of my bridge that led to the house I kept all my junk in. I mean, dozens of torches. The game would stutter like crazy when my work came into view. I had to clear the cache on my Xbox every time I started.

I would have played it on the PC except my PC sucked at the time. And yeah, the torch thing was good fun. =) I used to make floating skulls.

I would save before opening any door as a precaution. Also try not to cheat by placing full sets of nice armor with the TES tools, and to take care of the Dark brotherhood before those fuckers became uber with poison/paralyze knifes.

The thing I remember most from Morrowind was the feeling of being completely lost after the mandatory tutorial. I had no freakin' clue about what was going on, since the journal/log book was a mess in that game.

I remembered making a tall stack of coins using the levitate enchant. No wonder I CTD all the time but CTDs is the norm for Bethesda games. Buggy ass software but fun.

I remember taking that scroll that let you jump halfway across the world map and saving/loading while jumping in different directions to see if I could land somewhere cool without dying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133