Devil May Cry 4 Goes Multiplatform!

EliaSoZ said:
I know. There was the remake of MGS 1 on the Gamecube, and the MGS: 2 port to the X Box.

But we all know that part 3 and 4 are Sony exclusives.

As for FF, there have been games here and there, but the true fans know where the real sequels are going. PS3 baby.

You know my view on MGS 3, and the future of 4 is a little shakey. I wouldn't be suprised if a year or two after its release it gets ported to another console.

FF is a really shakey one. I don't know where this notion of Sony being the "true" home of the FF series came from, its held down a few of the FF titles. But the majority of FF titles have appeared on Nintendo consoles. Its more likely that they'll stick with the PS3 for the next batch of titles though since the 360 is failing hard in Japan and the PS3 is more powerful than the Wii, Square like to push the limits with their games...even if the basic mechanics are still very similar with each title. :/

(More FFXI expansions please.)

If I live to see the day when FF7 is remade and released on the 360, I swear, I will actually kiss all of you. On the lips. With tongues and all. I have to see this game on the 360! I need it.... :(

Grey said:
EliaSoZ said:
I know. There was the remake of MGS 1 on the Gamecube, and the MGS: 2 port to the X Box.

But we all know that part 3 and 4 are Sony exclusives.

As for FF, there have been games here and there, but the true fans know where the real sequels are going. PS3 baby.

You know my view on MGS 3, and the future of 4 is a little shakey. I wouldn't be suprised if a year or two after its release it gets ported to another console.

FF is a really shakey one. I don't know where this notion of Sony being the "true" home of the FF series came from, its held down a few of the FF titles. But the majority of FF titles have appeared on Nintendo consoles. Its more likely that they'll stick with the PS3 for the next batch of titles though since the 360 is failing hard in Japan and the PS3 is more powerful than the Wii, Square like to push the limits with their games...even if the basic mechanics are still very similar with each title. :/

(More FFXI expansions please.)

Which view on MGS: 3 is that? (serious question)

Also, I don't know how big a fan of FF you are. But if you ask any true follower of the series (or hell, even email GR), it's clear to us that the true FF games are (excluding the past): FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX, FF X, FF XII. Those were all Sony exclusives (7 and 8 had HORRIBLE PC ports, so we'll forget about them).

Naturally, what follows is FF XIII. The true thirteenth sequel is the one on the PS3, and the versus thing is also on the PS3.

If you tell me that the mobile version or something counts I will shoot you.

Well that settles it, you're an idiot. True FF games? FF is a franchise split up into a main series and several other mini-series. All of which have appeared across several consoles and PC. There is no true home and its silly to think so. FF and MGS are a multi-platform franchise, there is no arguing it.

There's no arguing where the main series goes for both franchises. That was my whole point.

But hey, it's all good. Whatever makes you happy sweetheart.

No, the discussion was about the Franchise, the big clue was when I said Franchise in nearly every post. :> I'll stick with sanity thanks, big believer in that one.

JCD said:
Ouch, that's like Sony getting a nail driven through their eyeball. If MGS4 converts too....
Yeah DMC4 on the 360 has to hurt, and with Hideo talking about making the 360 version of MGS4:GOTP The Ps3 is losing its edge, now that the good games are going multi-platform, Sony is gunna have to pull something out of thier ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133