Baseball History

Buck just made the most boring call on Hamilton's likely-game-winning home run.

I'm going to have a heart attack.
EDIT: TIED IT AGAIN. HOLY BALLS.

I think I'm going to die. Seriously. Fucking donuts and pie for everyone at work tomorrow.

bush_sad_1009.jpg

We were winning and gave up leads in the 8th, 9th, and 10th. We were one strike away in the 9th and the 10th. I seriously want to cry right now.

KurtCobain94 said:
We were winning and gave up leads in the 8th, 9th, and 10th. We were one strike away in the 9th and the 10th. I seriously want to cry right now.

The straw that broke the camels back was when they decided to use a pinch hitter rather than let the pitcher go to the plate. They sacrificed their best pitcher and didn't get a run out of it, and that was that. Even if it was a loss, that was still one of the best games I've seen in years.

But go Cardinals.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Hey I have no allegiances here. I'm a goddamn Mariners fan. I think the Rangers are a fresh-sealed pack of assholes. I just thought they would put up the monster offensive numbers to win the series (they have) and then not blow it like they are.

And just because Hamilton's homer wasn't the game-winner doesn't mean Buck should be excused for watching a two-run homer in the ninth to break the tie and going, "Hey look, a home run."

used44 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Hey I have no allegiances here. I'm a goddamn Mariners fan. I think the Rangers are a fresh-sealed pack of assholes. I just thought they would put up the monster offensive numbers to win the series (they have) and then not blow it like they are.

And just because Hamilton's homer wasn't the game-winner doesn't mean Buck should be excused for watching a two-run homer in the ninth to break the tie and going, "Hey look, a home run."

That was a pathetic home run call. And Hamilton pulled the ball in cold weather, in the 10th I believe, with a sports hernia and a strained groin. I love my team and their personality, they make baseball fun.

Game 7 tonight, go big or go home. I believe in my team and have stood by them my entire life, through thick and thin. Tonight won't be any different. There is a great blog on this site I read that came out this morning. bbtia.com

To quote them,

They'll either do it, or they'll die trying. That, I think, is just about all any of us can really say at this point. I know that it's all I want to say.

And I forgot to quote my passionate facebook status I put up.

A franchise has waited 50 years for this, a metroplex 39 years, and myself personally, nearly 24 years. There have been more bad times than good, the lowest were worse than the best it often felt like. As a fan base we aren't greedy, we don't demand the playoffs every year, we are grateful for good seasons when they come. We don't throw a fit when the biggest free agent doesn't come here, we are just grateful when our homegrown talent decides to stay. We are loyal, always have and always will be. Tonight, we are just asking for one more win. That is it, and we promise, we will never ask for anything again.

Shows my romantic side just a bit, don't ya think?

KurtCobain94 said:

A franchise has waited 50 years for this, a metroplex 39 years, and myself personally, nearly 24 years. There have been more bad times than good, the lowest were worse than the best it often felt like. As a fan base we aren't greedy, we don't demand the playoffs every year, we are grateful for good seasons when they come. We don't throw a fit when the biggest free agent doesn't come here, we are just grateful when our homegrown talent decides to stay. We are loyal, always have and always will be. Tonight, we are just asking for one more win. That is it, and we promise, we will never ask for anything again.

Ugggghhhhh. I'm the biggest sports fan I know, but seriously. Ugh. Grow a pair.

used44 said:
KurtCobain94 said:

o_O

Edit: Oh, and Used, you live in Alaska. There can't be that much competition up there for biggest sports fan. <3

KurtCobain94 said:
used44 said:
KurtCobain94 said:

o_O

Edit: Oh, and Used, you live in Alaska. There can't be that much competition up there for biggest sports fan. <3

That's certainly true. Sometimes I'm not sure how my brother and I became such big sports fans when nobody else is quite as into it as we are. I get that we have no pro teams, but that's true of a lot of places.

Anyway, I'm just saying that your Texas Rangers prose is the faggiest thing I've read since Longo's diary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master